What's everyone working on?

8 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Wait --which house did she leave with?? That was very kind of you !!

she left with my Craigslist find..a scratch build with garage...it was built to resemble someones home back east and made its way to Phoenix and to me....

turns out her hubby was raised in New Jersey in a house almost identical...lol from the columns on the porch to the split level floors...

I think she was being kind to me...I got the house right before I had any idea the Queen would be part of my life or going and getting my other houses from storage...it was destined for my grans to play with if she hadnt taken it off my hands...not that I was looking to sell it...lol...I loved it for all its quirkiness and if she wasnt gonna keep it for hers I would have said no.

2 hours ago, mikeuk said:

Today I've been getting to grips with my new toy........what a machine! When I read the reviews I was hesitant.......great reviews but they all said it's a real trial to learn.....so when I hooked it up and switched it on first thing this morning I wasn't holding my breath!...........It's a breeze!.....It cuts, it engraves, it embosses, it's lovely! and tomorrow I'm off the get some supplies. This thing will even engrave chocolate!.................although quite why anyone would want an engraved chocolate bar is beyond my limited imagination!

SB1.jpg

SB2.jpg

All I want for Christmas is something that cuts out cabinets! Santa, do you hear me?

Oh Mike, what a gorgeous new play pretty!  I can't wait to see what all you do with it.  Engraved chocolate seems like a waste to me; by the time I'd notice the engraving it'd be over half gone!

Yesterday I cut out walls for the owner's bathroom in Brimble's,  The one between the kitchen & bathroom will b fixed in place, with the wall with the door hinged for access.  I have the outer doorway framed and letting the glue dry before I hit it with the sanding block before adding the interior framing.

Mike, can't wait to see what all you do with that!

Myself, I just got done priming the front panel around the roof line of the Brownstone on the front facade. Thinking I may just try to do this as an antique white color but still make it look like it has the "cement" texture underneath, still playing around in my mind just how to manage that. I also applied some liner paper to the interior of the front panel, this will allow me to start papering and painting soon. Last but not least applied a couple more sheets of bricks to the back panel. So right now every portion of my Brownstone is turned every this way and that waiting on glue, wallpaper paste, etc to dry... I hate waiting! lol

I completed all the exterior trim and quoins - all are now attached to the house. I'm very pleased with the whole thing. Now I will start to work on the inside - starting with priming and electrical.  

large.IMG_4083.JPG.6b479b75dd9bcd2a5f23flarge.IMG_4086.JPG.350f41482136f1a3948d0

• Like 3

My daughter and I finally started the Buttercup today! It will become a witch cottage. :) super excited for this one! Chloe (my daughter) is going to help me with all aspects of this build. This will be her first. :) 

• Like 2

I forgot - I was going to post these pics of Lisa's Glencroft taken the last time we worked on the houses. You can see some of the wicker and how she plans to arrange the furniture and also a little bit more of what I've done with the staircase.

5-8-h.thumb.jpg.d49f48220ab08494c3ccccc7

5-8-f.thumb.jpg.a81c1fcc8f62295b49549e73

5-8-g.thumb.jpg.e408ed3a898b742102e3d37d

• Like 4

I have used up most of the parts on my orchid that I started last week of pended the porch steps and floor blue and have ordered siding for the exterior so I'm waiting for that come I think I'm going to paint the shingles different shades of dark blue gray and the siding will be a soft yellow I think . Haven't decided yet what to do inside Nobili been in the kitchen downstairs in the bathroom in the bedroom upstairs I papered the dormers and cable and matching shades of blue I'll post pictures tomorrow maybe and pended all the other walls same boy that I have in my house I have plenty of paint left  so all that is left to do is the outports Fixins the bay window and if I'd such use the gingerbread that will need to be started on . I forgot I want to make would floors maybe parquet in the living room end up like in the kitchen not sure about upstairs yet    this is my first bill and I feel like I have not done a very good job on that some of the pieces don't seem to feel the way that they should and I've had trouble understanding some of the instructions but it's a learning experience and I will do better next time 

I began priming my walls for Brimble's bathroom.   During our thrift store jaunts around town yesterday waiting for work on my car that didn't happen (supposed to be ready today) I hit on an entire package of variegated green tatting thread balls, so I have begun to crochet the portiere for the bathroom doorway.

finally!! the store floor is finally finished...not only did I get all the birch squares in place...I also got the 2 colors of stain on them and this morning when I woke up I buffed again

and added my 3rd coat of poly...gonna do some running and when I get back another....and maybe just maybe the roll of paper I recently purchased for upstairs will magically appear since it decided to remove itself from the build box...I anticipate a dry fit later today...probably the last one till I add glue..have to decide where the support post is going...so I know where to apply the ceiling paper and grid it. 

everywhere I go I am finding fun and cute things to go inside...the latest was owl beads from wally world...they look like the cookie jar I grew up with...so I made cookie jars from them...every store needs filler...this is especially true for tourist traps....

I also wanted to add since I had so many stops and starts with the floor I got glue in places I didnt want(or did I) and of course forgot to give it a quick sand in my eagerness to get it to a "done" place...BUT actually the floor is perfect in its imperfections...because the store is suppose to be an old refurbished store...the floor actually kinda is awesome...like you can read the map of years on it...well thats my story and Im stickin to it...lol

• Like 1

Every body's been so busy and productive!

I finally had some time this weekend - finished my tile for kitchen on the orchid bakery.  got the wall set up, and the real world roofers drove me out, too loud in my attic

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=120815

If I could go back, I'd add more grout to the tile, but I'm happy with it.

I need  name for the bakery - I just keep calling it the bakery.  I want to make a sign for out front.

Haven't managed too much, but I did get some real life linoleum tile cut into 1.5" squares so I'll have the look of 18" marble. Still not completely sure that's going to be the bathroom floor in the Brownstone... but I am liking the look of it. I also have been busy painting bits and pieces, a shelf that will be decoupaged with a Natasha print as well as a resin frame that I painted with a "plaster" color chalk paint by Martha Stewart(clearanced at Wally World a good while ago). Last but not least got the last of my brick glued on to the back of the Brownstone but as the back is wider I will need to fill in a few spots with PaperClay. As I'm dealing with one heck of a headache(vertebra out in my neck) as well as a shoulder that's giving me fits thinking today may be a day of rest, or at least a day of lighter work.

Btw Sharon, love the look of your tile!

I've been working on my granddaughter's Orchid while at work. I'm finally starting to get it together so it's looking like a house. I'm doing it in sky blue with all white trim, and I like it. I need to remember to bring my cell phone to work with me so I can take pictures.

At home, I am working on the roof to the ryokan. I'm in a place that is very time consuming, and requires meticulous fitting. It's giving me fits too. I'll be glad when this step is done!!!

I got the first coat on the bathroom walls and ripped out the portiere four times before I figured the number of stitches in the base chain to get the pattern (which I'm making up out of my head...) I want.

My work space is in the attic- all those real world roofers up there - bang bang bang right above my head.  I turned up my music and went to work in my floors and stair.  I used the same stain, but the stair came out much darker.  I'm still happy with it though.  I wanted it to look old and a little worn.

the roofers are back tomorrow - I think I'll be able to work in my main floor, I'm using bricks for that one.

teying to use the sounds of the roofers banging as an accompaniment to my work 

• Like 1

Took a break from the brownstone today and worked on finishing up a steampunk top hat for a friend. Next on the list for her is a steampunk umbrella/parasol for a lady as well. She's doing a steampunk styled house, something I've been considering doing myself so being able to help her with these pieces is really assuring me I'd enjoy doing a house like this as well... even if I do have way too many projects going on already! lol

Took a break from the brownstone today and worked on finishing up a steampunk top hat for a friend. Next on the list for her is a steampunk umbrella/parasol for a lady as well. She's doing a steampunk styled house, something I've been considering doing myself so being able to help her with these pieces is really assuring me I'd enjoy doing a house like this as well... even if I do have way too many projects going on already! lol

I got a bit more painting & priming done today and got the bathroom portiere done.  The original piece I had cut to hang it from broke when I attempted installation into the doorway, so I found different stock from which to cut another piece and try again; waiting for the stain to dry.  I also took the iron back out to the shop to start installing the floor "boards" on that part of the second floor.

Today I'm going to work on attaching kitchen extension so I can finish the flooring (I hope). I might go run to thrift store to see if they have some trinkets for  more lighting. 

So thankful to have a few "me" days so I can work on my dollhouse.

• Like 1

so the gorgeous paper did not magically re appear so I had to do a search and rescue...I guess when I pulled the big shelving unit out of the build box to do a lookieloo

I missed it falling behind my wreath making container...super happy that I found it right up until I had the Taft(Wannabis) in dry fit and low and behold the paper goes with the BLUE tiles SOOOOO much better and the furniture fairly POPS....so yes that means the brown must and is already half way outa there...at least in the Blue room...sigh...I had hoped to avoid it...but nope...I am putting the tiles on wax paper in hopes I may use them elsewhere....seems a shame to waste them...they really are gorgeous...

so the lady who sold me the Queen dropped by my house with a whole bunch of stuffs...more room boxes and odds and ends....and two...2ftx1ft plexiglass display cases...which I f I layed one on its side it would make an AMAzing 1/144th scale display case....guys I have a huge 20x24 room that is my niche and we are pushing the limits....here is hoping the next house(whenever that happens) has same size room or bigger :rofl: with CLOSET and running water...hey a girl can dream!  and again she teases me with....a carrying case she used for shows...telling me she has a new system and I may need this sometime....it is a great bag...large...padded with trays...as it was a drive by with gifties no talk of the endeavor she has in mind....

my niece is flying in tomorrow for a few weeks...not sure how much mini stuffs I will get done but I will keep checking back...

ooooo and Holly you will appreciate this she brought me a book too..."Contemporary Miniature Room settings" by Helen Ruthberg

I have already found a couple things in there to try out....

• Like 3