I'm having some surgery in the morning . . .

Rhonda, it's so good to know that you are back home, and recuperating. Sorry to hear about the rough time you're having - I hope that you heal quickly, and get past the "icky" stuff really fast! Try not to stress over bills and such ... (easy for me to say, I know). Sending lots of positive energies to speed your healing. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much, everybody! I'll be especially glad when all of this hideous swelling goes away. My little cat "Gracie" has been staring at me in complete horror every since I got home. It's actually a bit comical . . . she will sit in front of me, staring intently at my face for a solid 5 minutes at a time. She's never done that before! Plus, she is staying right with me, instead of playing downstairs like she usually does. I think this has her very worried!

Glad you are home and recovering Rhonda. It does sound like you had quite an ordeal to go through - but you got thru it, so now just rest, rest, rest and let the rest and time do it's "stuff". Don't worry - our critter's love us no matter what we look like, and they always seem to know when we are not up to snuff - thus they stay even closer to us. :banana:

Do take care...hope you are feeling right as rain quickly! :)

Very happy and relieved that you're back home and recovering. Like Chris said, try to take plenty of rest, and let time do it's thing. Hopefully the worst is over now, well, at least the surgery is.

Yeah, cats are extraordinary that way. I swear, they have a sixth sense. Gracie is the youngest, isn't she, and such a cutie too. She'll bounce back when she sees you're getting better.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Thanks so much to ALL of you. I hate to admit this, but I've been having some really bad days. I've found myself in tears a lot in the past couple of days- I not only hurt, but I am desperately worried about money. I've had to miss too much work with no wages. There hasn't been any money for mini-purchases for a long time, and things are only getting worse. Then, I got upset over the FB contest, and finally did myself a huge favor and had them remove my entry. It's probably a good thing I look like a monster right now . . . I could sure use a stiff drink, but I don't have anything here and certainly don't want to go out in public to get something!

Rhonda, I hope the pain goes away and you get back to normal soon. I know your having a rough time, but it will get better,things have a way of working themselves out. I cant go buy you a bottle of booze,but I would if I could and we'd have a stiff drink together! Feel better!

Thanks, everybody! My swelling has gone down some . . . (now I only look like a warthog that has been on the losing end of a warthog rumble) . . . so, I am going to try to go back to work tonight. I just CANNOT afford to miss any more wages! I do dread it because my incisions (all 14 of them) are still sore and it's super hot where I work. I know there will be sweat getting into them. Anyway, wish me luck!

The sweat will cleanse out any toxins still inside - stress and roller-coaster emotions can be very toxic! Getting back to work will make you feel a lot better, I'm sure. Hope it goes well, Rhonda! (I'm betting you don't look nearly as bad as you think, and going to work will be a great tonic.) ;)

Sending hugs your way Rhonda! I hope you are feeling a bit better today. I hope the swelling will go down soon so you'll feel more like yourself again. Surgery can be rough and each person responds to medicine differently so take it easy honey. Try not to over work yourself emotionally or physically. I fell in love with Audio books when I had my surgery a few years back because I was too tiered to hold the book and read. It helped me take my mind off of the healing after the surgery and off of the money issues. The main focus is getting better so try and take it easy.

Are you on any antibiotics? Sounds like an infection may be brewing (though it may be a small one). Mention the swelling & heat around the stitches to your doctor.

Sending big thanks to all of you for your kindness, well-wishes, thoughts and prayers. I went back to work last night and it was a tough night. It's so hot in my workplace that the one thing I dreaded did happen: I got sweaty and those incisions BURNED. Also, I had one thing happen that I did not expect: after about 3 hours, I got (and stayed) horribly nauseated. I guess it would have been better if I could have afforded a few more days at home, but I just can't. Also, I was very upset to discover that I have now been "mandatoried" to work my regular night (Friday) off. That's bad on 4 counts: (1) I have to see my doctor that day and get stitches out (after working all night the night before) so that means I won't be able to get hardly any sleep, (2) I was counting on having the weekend to try to get some much needed recuperative down-time after trying to work too soon (3) Since I work nights (10:15 p.m. to 6:45 a.m.), getting mandatoried for my night off puts me in that horrible place literally every day of the week (4) With this being Father's Day weekend (and my Dad having so much serious health trouble going on), I wanted to go see him on Saturday - if I have to work all night Friday, I won't be up to it. My parents live about 1 1/2 hours away and I don't trust myself to drive 3 hours round-trip after working all night with no sleep. I couldn't sleep, go see them and get back because that would interfere with my next shift at work. Added insult to injury? Whenever I work overtime, I don't see virtually any change in my paycheck because (being single and taxed higher) the taxes eat up the extra.

There is one positive thing I can report though: My swelling today looks more like "normal swelling" and I feel that if I need to do errands, I now can . . . without sending little children screaming to their mothers with tales of monsters chasing them. I don't want to give the little ones nightmares!

Bummer about the work days but glad you are on the mend. Take as good care of yourself as possible with all you have on your plate.

So sorry to hear about everything being thrown your way all at once. :mellow: But, we're here to cheer you on and keep you in good spirits as much as we can. ;) Take care of yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, I want to sincerely thank you all for your well-wishes. I am getting so frustrated with all of this: it's definitely more than I bargained for! I tried going back to work (in DESPERATE need of income!), but had another set-back. My surgeon sent me to an ENT because I was having this horrible, debilitating problem with extreme vertigo. It turns out that having to be put in so many positions during my surgery has caused an extreme problem with my inner ear which has resulted in MORE time off work, electrical treatments, a cervical neck collar and being laid up at home with strict orders to be still, not bend, and do nothing that causes any exertion. In other words - I can't even do the stuff I like to do at home! If that isn't bad enough? I am also NOT allowed to lie down flat and I have to sleep sitting upright. :wave: All I can say is I am looking very forward to getting past all of this mess, and I am wondering how I am ever going to recover financially. Besides all the missed work, I've already got medical bills pouring in right & left!

Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear that things are not getting any better. You have had a dreadful time lately and deserve a break. Sending you all my good wishes for a full and speedy recovery - healthwise primarily but for your bank balance too.