Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well, I gave up on the good photos with the sheet backdrop, and could never get enough decent lighting inside....so judges, please just ignore the bird poop on the deck rail behind my photos.... ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......everyone here has such a great sense of humor!

I just love this site.And Selkie...I still consider my last year's Fling to be unfinished!!

But the amazing work that has been done for this contest blows my mind.I love every

one so far! ..The worst job on earth???..A Greenleaf Contest judge!!!!LOL! ;)

I spent most of today cleaning the screened porch. Every inch of it got scrubbed, even the bottoms of the chairs and tables. The pollen dust was awful this year. I think I swept out about 4 pounds of it before I even brought out the scrub bucket. Also planted the three tomato plants purchased yesterday and watered the back yard, finishing up about 15 minutes before it rained! What timing.

After showering and rehydrating, I worked on the Fling. The landscaping will be rudimentary and some details are incomplete, but I did take a boatload of photos without the roof. Decided to make the roofs removable, so now have to wait for the wooden stops to dry before I can take photos with the roof.

Nothing like coming down to the wire.

...The worst job on earth???..A Greenleaf Contest judge!!!!...
Actually getting to see all that fabulous eye candy makes the job wonderful; it's having to choose the winners that makes the job a killer!

Grrr . . . Approximately 2 1/2 hours ago, I announced I was worn out from Flinging all day, and was going to call it a night. Did I? NO. Am I done yet? NO. The current status is: I am out of trim again, can't find some printies I need (oh, gad . . . I am scared to death I put them in a "safe place" which means I can kiss them goodbye until next year some time) . . . and frankly, I am (once again) wondering if I am going to make it. Plus, I have to work tomorrow and since I still have a lot to do (plus photos), that's not a good thing. . . . And, did I mention that my cats think I have morphed into the worst pet mama ever??? The poor little things didn't get their canned food until about 8:00 p.m. tonight. Never mind the fact that I hadn't eaten either or the fact that they have very high quality dry food and water 24/7 . . . they do not appreciate having to wait so late for their favorite meal. I did try to make amends by opening extra cans tonight, but I don't think that's got me out of the "dog house" with them. I always look forward to the yearly Fling, but I must confess: I am looking forward to getting this one done!

Rhonda, I know what you mean about putting things in their "safe place". I've got things I put in their safe place 2 years ago, and I don't know where that safe place is. ;)

Anyhow, can you take pics of what you have now? Maybe you can at least make it look like it's more finished than it is by the trick of photography

Don't quit now! You're almost there!.

Rhonda, I know what you mean about putting things in their "safe place". I've got things I put in their safe place 2 years ago, and I don't know where that safe place is. ;)

Anyhow, can you take pics of what you have now? Maybe you can at least make it look like it's more finished than it is by the trick of photography

Don't quit now! You're almost there!.

Monica, thanks so much for the encouragement. It is now 2:04 a.m. my time, and I have been at it non-stop since very early yesterday morning (going on 24 hours straight now), and I am STILL not done! I am getting close, though, so if I can somehow make my day stretch and still get to work, it will be great. I don't know, though . . . I am SO tired! As far as photographing it in its current state? No . . . I mean, gosh . . . I'm almost there! I couldn't get good photos at nighttime anyway.

* pushing Rhonda along....come on...you can do it.... :p ...... fling on Rhonda fling on!!!!!!

Thanks for the pep rally! I'm flinging, I'm flinging (pause for unexpected "head nod nap") . . . I will fling, I will fling!!!

Good Golly Miss Molly! :wave: ...the entries I have seen so far are all just ASTOUNDING! What talent we have floatin' around this forum!! Ya'll pulled out all the stops this year, for sure! I could not make a decision as to a winner if they paid me - those poor judges sure have their work cut out for them once again! WTG everyone! Winner's all, if you ask me! :p

Hang in there Rhonda, and those still flingin'! Sendin' ya'll whatever "fling power" I can muster.. ;) :lol:

Krin, you have to make 5 posts in any topic to be able to create an album - so just say hello five times in this topic - or 3 times as it looks as if you have already made a couple of posts (I'm sure no-one will mind) and then you can create your spring fling album.

Krin,

In addtion to creating an album, be sure you email your photos to the judging as follows:

Decorate your Winner's Garage and include it in a scene, maybe next to your dollhouse or in a garden setting, whatever strikes your fancy. You can also turn your garage into ANYTHING your imagination can dream up. Please note there is only one entry per member.

Submit your 3 BEST pictures to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com by Memorial Day, May 31, 2010, with the words in the subject line "I'm a winner". You can include a short description of your project.

Good luck.

Just forget to ask.

Do we get a responce that the picutres are arriverd?

Yes, Krin, you will get an email response saying that your pictures have arrived. With the holidays over here it might not come through until tomorrow. Probably there is no one in the office. (I hope they get the day off!) If you have trouble posting pictures to an album, just ask for help. It's not hard to do, just a little quirky at times. I would recommend that you add the pictures one at a time -- the "bulk upload" feature never worked for me.

Quick question. Do I have to go to each member's gallery or is ther a quick way to find all the entries? I wrenched my back this weekend and long stints at the computer are a no no.

If you click on Gallery up at the top of this page, then click Member's Gallery at the top of the list, we're all on the first two pages. Most, I think, have Spring Fling in the title. :laughbounce:

Ok, Im Donnnnnnne!!!!!

I just sent my pictures though. I had a tough time taking a picture of the outside of my spring fling. Im so glad that it's done and sent though.

Im going to work on my gallery now.

Yeah,

jenn

Well, sitting here reliazing there are still TONS to do (and still awaiting things in the mail)I need to bow out right now, still to much to get done in time, but I LOVE this kit it has been so gentle to work with, going together like a dream :laughbounce: and am soooo looking forward to seeing everyone's work!!!!

Hugs

Iv'e watched alot of Harry Potter, I usually read the book each year it seems. This was my first time using paperclay and distressing wood. I LOVE it though I wish the paperclay cover more area.

I went to the craft so so often and they ended up running out of it, so I had to use other materials too. Glad there is more HP fans on the site too.

Jenn