Lets have some fun.

Hallowell

Monica, a haunted tree is an inspired idea, just think - you could have scarey faces peeping out from the branches and spiders webs all over it, not to mention crystal balls, toadstools and spooky purple blue and green lights - ooh frogs and toads - stop me now..........

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found Christmas-y stuff!! I took a pine tree and decorated it with red roses and a lamp thingy for the top,found a Santa and some people and Voila! Great Idea you had,Greg!! :yes:

post-3636-1260031057_thumb.jpg

I got back from hols last night - holiday was not great but I was looking forward to doing a christmas room all the way back (thought about it on the plane and in the car and got excited)

I dragged the garfield out this morning as its been crammed away untouched in a corner of the conservatory for 3 months now and tested the lights and guess what - every one worked apart from the one in the room I wanted to decorate. Had to take out the floors in the bathroom and master bedroom above, and re-do the tape wire this morning. Still its all done now (remind me not to use tape wire in my next house)

Had great fun with this - thanks for suggesting it Greg - smashing idea.

My theme is Christmas visitors and its in an album called Garfield Christmas 2009 - hope you like it

I gave up on lighting as I have had numerous problems of things all of a sudden not working. My dog has a big rump and is clumpsy and bumps the houses a lot. How do you wire without tape wire?? Round wire prevent this?

I'm going to have a shot at round wire next. Drilling holes in the wall and feeding the wires through to one of those socket extention thingies. I think it will be less fragile than tape. I'm sure its easier to disguise the wire along the skirting boards or in a routed groove than soldering each one.

Thanks for the great comments everyone. Doing the Garfield room inspired me to get cracking on my RL christmas decorations so I've spent all day dragging boxes down from the loft - it feels like Christmas now.

I love it! Looking at all this wonderful Christmas eye candy is better than driving around the rich section of town to look at the lights. LOL! I love minis better and you guys are really making me drool and getting me in the Christmas spirit. Thank you Greg for starting this thread!

<grinning> I cheated. I can't dig out my holiday minis or restage a house right now so instead of doing that, I strung some white lights around the tables where most of my dollhouses are displayed and then hung my favorite sterling silver, lead crystal and blown glass ornaments on the lights. It's not as good as staging the houses themselves, but at least they're festive!

post-329-1260843378_thumb.jpg

It's not a good picture, but you get the idea. :)

Deb

OK, my Christmas roombox is finally done, just in time to give... I'll put pics in an album later...

(I ended up making the poinsettia plant at the proverbial 11th hour, based on this tutorial. The 2nd and 3rd pics were taken right before I suddenly decided to put a paper chain on the tree...! Yep, it's time to get this roombox out of the house before I think of something else...)

I have some pics in my Holiday album - but here's a summary:

gallery_932_3662_58889.jpg

Ralphie and Randy are up to their usual hijinks:

gallery_932_3662_62422.jpg

The livingroom - this is the first year I have done Christmas decor - I printed out little cards for the mantle (something I saw someone here do) and it was fun!

gallery_932_3662_8796.jpg