Contest Dollhouse Appreciation Month

Claire, I believe the rules say it can be done with any Greenleaf or Corona house or kit, existing or otherwise, as long as what you make is new to your already existing scene, is

done in an Autumn theme, and has never been viewed or photgraphed for this forum <or any other forum or contest I believe>

I'm really excited about this one - been workin' on my 1/4 scale Greenleaf Town for Christmas gifts and this will fit in nicely with that plan. :) Each female family member will be getting a little house with a seasonal theme, so your timing was perfect!

Thank you Tracy and Deb for getting us all inspired!! Autumn is such a great time of year and so much fun to try and recreate in mini :lol:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Chris. I have a completed Greenleaf Tennyson House. I usally decorate it for Christmas. Maybe I will do a fall scene and enter it. I also have a completed Greenleaf Farm House. It was the first house I made and I have been thinking of redoing it into a halloween house. I just have to find the time :)

Thank You Chris for helping Claire!!I got a late start today :lol:

I am so excited about this too and can not wait to see every ones item! I am happy you guys are excited about this. Deb and I wanted something easy and fun & lighthearted to do here. We have not had any live forum tutorials or anything like that and we miss it. We thought this would be a great thing to do because we we both Love fall and we both Love different things about it and I thought it would be a GREAT way to get to know our Forum Family better by seeing what Fall means to you.

Stay Warm! It's Freezing & raining here :p I wanna go walking in some dry crunchy leaves and hope next week I get that chance. I LOVE the smell and sound of Autumn Leaves :)

Woooooooohooooooooooooooo! I love hearing people say they're getting ideas! You can just "hear" the happiness in voices when they say that! <happy dancing>

I've given some thought to the time issue and here's what I came up with. My magic hourglass!

If time is a problem, gaze deeply into the hour glass and say, "Mini Minutes" three times. Then snap your fingers and you'll have an extra hour every day to work on a new mini! Pretty cool huh!

Really, seriously, we completely understand that time is the biggest issue for everyone (that and constraining mini budgets) and that's why we thought that mini scenes would be a way of allowing everyone to play. Your entry doesn't have to be time consuming or expensive coz this is all about creativity and fun. I've seen people here come up with some awesome miniatures in just a few hours. Here's hoping that everyone who wants to play will magically have the time!

Deb

Prizes Has Been Posted. Take a look at them here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...st&p=391915

Also, all three winners will receive some other Craft Kits donated by Greenleaf!

Tracy, you and Deb are soooo generous! All of the prizes are beautiful works of art - made even more special since they are made by two such wonderful people! Thank you both for sponsoring this contest and making this such a great forum for all of us!

You all are Welcome!! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!! It was so cold outside today but we did not get any rain :lol: I'm Glad about that. Maybe it'll be dry enough to go walking in one of our local parks and view and enjoy nature tomorrow :) Maybe it'll give me some ideas about a fall mini scene for myself.

Hope I don't get my big hand stuck in the little house!!

<grinning> That has an eerie Halloween theme all on its own! "The Hand that Attacked a Village!"

Thanks so much for doing that for us Tracy and Deb!

Aw, thank YOU for being such a great part of the Greenleaf family! We love our forum family and appreciate every single one of you guys.

Deb

Wow! FABULOUS prizes ~ Deb and Tracy, you gals are the BEST! :) Good Luck to all who are participating!

I was at Hobby Lobby today, and had umpteen million ideas pop in my head with all the Autumn "stuff" they had in there....they have all their metal pieces for 50% off, so I was eye-ballin' a few of the birdcages they had and they also had 2 tiny wire garden chairs that would be so cute for "somethin'" (mind you, none of these ideas are for the contest), but the Autumn theme now has me thinkin' all kinds of mini projects! Yea!! :lol: It's so nice when the creative juices start to flow again!

LLyn: Isn't 1/4 scale fun? I love that it doesn't take up so much space ~ something I am severely lacking here. Too funny bout the "Hand"....made me rethink an OLD movie called "The Terror of Tiny Town" :p

Those are beautiful prizes! Thanks so much for doing this. The excitement I felt at seeing the prize pics reminded me of how exciting it is to view everyone's creations - there's nothing else quite like being in on the "reveal". I love being part of this close community. :)

Chris & Rosalind, I was so happy to create these things and know I'll be sharing it with my friends here on Greenleaf as a prize. Glad you all are participating in this and I can not wait to see your Great Fall themed items! There's even talk about doing other fun forum things again!! I'll post more on that later on when I have all details worked out :o :giggle:

LLyn: Isn't 1/4 scale fun? I love that it doesn't take up so much space ~ something I am severely lacking here. Too funny bout the "Hand"....made me rethink an OLD movie called "The Terror of Tiny Town" laugh.gif

Chris, what's really funny is that my first 1/4th scale creation was not supposed to be scary but it was done so badly that my son & his friend turned it into an old raggedy house for their train station years ago :o They called it the abandoned house that all the school kids were afraid to walk past on their way to the train stop LOL. I gotta see if I got any pictures of it any where. They were saved on one of those hard discs that we no longer have a driver for now :(:giggle:

Ohhhhhh, :giggle: just saw those pictures of the prizes and WOW those are some really wonderful pieces!!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! As I have been home today with a cold I have been moving in slow motion or slug pace but have been atleast sitting in the craft room looking at things... Even added a couple of rows of shingles on Mz Chantilly and she is whispering sweet ideas, or it could be the fever :o not sure, but... it was atleast fun and relaxing.

Hugs

I'd love to see pics of your 1/4 scale "haunted" house Tracy ~ although I'm bettin' its positively adorable! Remember, there are no mistakes in mini-ing, only "adjustments" :o

I really have become a 1/4 scale "junkie" now...but boy, it is trickier to find landscaping materials that will work ~ like "real looking" leaves for trees!! :angry: And I'm nearly blind now, so making them is out of the question :(

More fun forum things in the works you say?? SIGN ME UP!!! :giggle:

I can't wait for more eye candy! How exciting! As for me, I doubt I'll have time to do something. I'm planning a big Halloween party and sleepover for my daughter and creating all of the activities will take every second of free time I have between now and October 31st! But I'll be waiting impatiently to see what everyone comes up with! Maybe I'll get lots of great ideas for my haunted house!!

I am IN!

I am hoping that my order is at home when I get there :giggle:

Jennifer

Ok so, who's doin' this with me!?

Llyn I know is, Jen are you in? Linda's in right!?

Chris are you in too?

What'cha all makin'? hehehe

I'm doing something Halloween...of course :o

We just got home from one set of October activities & have one week to prep for the next round, and then another trip the first part of November, so I'll also bow out; but I can't wait to see everybody's entries! I LOVE the October contests, our members really get to shine!