Have a safe trip KathieB

Gayle

Between our two cameras and extra memory chips, Lloyd and I have the capability of bringing back a couple thousand photos or more ... be careful what you ask! :p

Between our two cameras and extra memory chips, Lloyd and I have the capability of bringing back a couple thousand photos or more ... be careful what you ask! :p

LOL, do take care and enjoy the whole trip, :p I can see some beautiful Prague inspired mini house after this.... All those details on the houses, yummy to say the least....

Hugs

:p I can see some beautiful Prague inspired mini house after this.... All those details on the houses, yummy to say the least....
The Pierce has always insisted on becoming a Bohemian inn and tavern. Ground floor bar area on right side of stairway, dining tables & booth to the left. The smaller room at far left will be a private dining room or the manager's office. A kitchen lean-to will be added adjacent to the barroom. Upstairs, 2 or 3 guest rooms with shared bath, depending on how it gets bashed.

This inspiration came from my last trip there, 8 years ago. This trip I'll be really looking at & photographing details. :p

The Pierce has always insisted on becoming a Bohemian inn and tavern. Ground floor bar area on right side of stairway, dining tables & booth to the left. The smaller room at far left will be a private dining room or the manager's office. A kitchen lean-to will be added adjacent to the barroom. Upstairs, 2 or 3 guest rooms with shared bath, depending on how it gets bashed.

This inspiration came from my last trip there, 8 years ago. This trip I'll be really looking at & photographing details. :p

See I had something lurking about in the back of my mind (oh and that is one scarey maze kind of place to be LOL) and I think the Pierce is a purrrrr-fect house for one of these Prague-esque styled houses!

I think I need to look into the photos from our trip there as well, I remember taking lots of pics when we did stroll around in the centre...

Hugs

Well, I think we're ready to go. I'm sure I'm taking more clothes than I need, but I don't want to be doing laundry in hotel bathrooms. I'm taking my oldest underwear and plan to toss some along the way. Got to make room for any minis that happen to turn up! :p

Will try to check in if I can. The Czech Republic is pretty well wired and techno savvy. Most of the hotels advertise in-room wi-fi, but we're not bringing the laptop, so will have to hope they also have computers for guest use and/or rely on internet cafés. When I was there 8 years ago, there were already a fair number of the cafés. And every third native was talking on a cell phone. If you think about 8 years ago, cell phones here were still something of a novelty.

Y'all play nice while I'm gone. :p

• 3 weeks later...

We're back! What a great trip! Through a genealogist I'd hired, I found a tiny village nearly filled with relatives I didn't know I had. My great grandfather's brother did not emigrate with the rest of the family. For some reason, I thought he had died during WWI without having married, probably because no one in the family talked about him. From the number of cousins who turned up to meet me, that obviously wasn't the case! They nearly fill the village of Hedcany with its 27 houses and 30 barns. :D

We got into KC late last night after a 27-hour trip and crashed at a motel near the airport, came home this morning. More to come after I've slept off the jet lag. *yawn*

Kathie is home, Kathie is home >running over and handing the pillow and blankie...< can't wait to hear alllll about the trip, it sounds like you had a great time though!

Hugs

I'm glad to be back, Tracy! I've mostly been reading to catch up and trying to get the blog and the garden caught up so I can get back to minis. I found so much inspiration for the Bohemian Inn & Pub that I'm anxious to get the Pierce out of the box and get started. However, there's a matter of the White Orchid to finish, first. I need to re-prioritize my day: do minis first, then the rest! :jawdrop: