How many houses do you have?

Lisa_F

I have sold two since this thread started (and bought 3!), and am in the process of trying to finish up 5 or 6 of the rehabs to be sold at a craft show this fall- hopefully!

Pepperwood Farm House

Cape House

scratch-built stone cottage

RGT Colonial

scratch-built Cottage

Manchester - if I get the time

The San Fran is getting finished for a client, but may be added to the sale list if they decide not to keep it.

So I probably have 12 dollhouses in the house at the moment, but only 4 are going to be permanent members of the family:

Barrington

Highland

Bellingham Farmhouse

scratch-built Log Cabin

my daughter's barn - will eventually go to her house!

and three room boxes.

Well, I have some additions since I last posted in 2009! I keep a list on my About Me Page.

There are 17 that are built or being built hanging out here.

And 12 1/12 kits, 4 1/24 kits, 4 1/48 village kits, 3 1/144 kits, and a furniture kit.

I'm still under 50, so I'm good, right?

Here's my list.

Currently Working On: Beacon Hill, Harrison

Completed:

McKinley
(Not)Haunted House
San Fran 555 (rehab) (gifted to nieces)
Tennyson (gifted to niece)
LoganBerry Mill (Train Store)
Nursery Roomboxes (gifted to friend)
1:48 Scale Farmhouse
1:24 Scale Lighthouse
Buttercup (Gingerbread Cottage)
Fairfield
Wildwood Stable (gifted to niece)
Nob Hill by Skilcraft (rehab) (gifted to niece)
Newberg (rehab) (gifted to niece)
RGT 1/24 Colonial (bought completed, need to furnish)

Rehabs in Waiting:

Mt. Vernon Colonial by Jarrell Enterprises

Granville

1/24 Cobblestone Shop

Harrison
Victoria's Farmhouse
Brookfield
Brick Front Opening House

In the Box:

Willowcrest
Brimble's
Canterbury
Emerson Row
Rosedale
Beaumont
Van Buren
Harrison
Orchid
Whitney Haunted House
Cheltenham
Greenleaf Village (2), Station, Store, Sweet Shop, Library
Greenleaf 56pc Furniture Kit
Victorianna
1/144 Beacon Hill, Spring Fling 09, Colonial House
Lisa's Cottage
1/24 Porch Kit
Michael's Puzzle Houses

• Like 1

That reminds me, I remember a post somewhere back in 2005, when the (then) new GL site started up that the first rereleased kit was going to be the Victorianna. I often wonder whatever happened to that plan? I definitely think it would make a big hit, even if it were released in lasercut.

• Like 1

That reminds me, I remember a post somewhere back in 2005, when the (then) new GL site started up that the first rereleased kit was going to be the Victorianna. I often wonder whatever happened to that plan? I definitely think it would make a big hit, even if it were released in lasercut.

Even if? You mean especially if, right? :lol:

1 hillsdale - Partially completed

1 alexandria - Almost done!

1 cottage - becoming my christmas shop

1 buttercup - still in box

1 creating contest building - shell is built and floor is done

1 van buren - basic shell built

Whew! I don't know whether to be envious and jealous of,aspiring to,or just flat out amazed at all these unfinished kits and various built houses! :w00t: I only have 3 so far-as in one kit in process since May,and 2 kits in their boxes that were bought since I started. So,maybe since I am still a newbie,or because I don't have the extra funds,or haven't yet run across the practically free houses some of you have been fortunate enough to.....whatever it is,it sure isn't because I don't want every single cute house I see! :D I wonder what my count will be in a couple of years?!

• Like 1

Whew! I don't know whether to be envious and jealous of,aspiring to,or just flat out amazed at all these unfinished kits and various built houses! :w00t: I only have 3 so far-as in one kit in process since May,and 2 kits in their boxes that were bought since I started. So,maybe since I am still a newbie,or because I don't have the extra funds,or haven't yet run across the practically free houses some of you have been fortunate enough to.....whatever it is,it sure isn't because I don't want every single cute house I see! :D I wonder what my count will be in a couple of years?!

Kat, we just have to hurry and catch up!! Whoever dies with the most dollhouses wins right? LOL

• Like 2

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thanx,Cheryl-I needed that laugh! I think I am jealous more than anything,but I have so much anxiety just trying to get my first house done with 2 kits waiting,I don't know how y'all stand all those kits talking to you-I know mine do,especially the Ashley under my bed! The Orchid is being more of a lady,waiting patiently....

I don't know how many I have. My Mom and sister were here visiting recently, and my sister (being the snoopy sort) found several kits in places that I had completely forgotten where I had put them. I think of them as wise investments;-) Remember how the Willowcrest went up in price during the "dark years" ? I love aquiring the unusual, less common ones. Gives me a feeling of security, I know its there if I need it.

• Like 2

Okay,Cheryl,now maybe that could be some incentive for me to finish this Ashley and start on the other one I have. If someone else was doing one it might encourage me,as I am kinda odd fellow amongst all the giant Greenleaf houses in progress around here! :)

Oh,yes,Holly,I know it's not too late for me yet. :) I tend to be a late-bloomer. I was almost 32 and 5 months pregnant with my 1st son when I went back to school for a year to study child care and development,in prep to teach preschool. Had him during Christmas break and went back to school when he was 3 weeks old. Yikes!

But,I know I won't stop at these 3 house kits. I have too many dreams of what I want to build,for myself and others...

• Like 1

I have no idea. I used to have a list somewhere but since the forum upgrade you can only search your own posts back as far as a year which is annoying.

You need to just make a new list Jeff. :) I would post mine, but someone might tell my husband. He only thinks there are 50.

Arrow Bakery - Complete

Artply Rutherford - Built & Primed

Artply Worthington - Boxed

Artply Franklin - Boxed

Artply Bobbi - Same as Greenleaf Haunted House - Boxed

Corona Orchid - Second stint in rehab

Greenleaf Adams - Completed, partially rehabbed, then given away

Greenleaf Loganberry Mill - In rehab

Greenleaf Imagination Bus - x3 Boxed

Greenleaf Downhill Ski Shop - boxed

Greenleaf Spring Fling 2013 - Under Construction

Grandma's Childhood Scratch-Built - waiting for rehab

Houseworks Garden Party Gazebo - Complete

Houseworks Corner Shop #1 - Ice Cream Shop Complete

Houseworks Corner Shop #2 - Boxed

Houseworks Bay Window Shop #1 - Pizzeria Under Construction

Houseworks Bay Window Shop #2 - Auto Mechanic Garage under construction

Houseworks Two Window Shop - Boxed

Keystone/F.A.O. Schwarz House - in rehab

Lundby Stockholm - Complete

Real Good Toys Quickbuild Colonial - Waiting for rehab

Real Good Toys Half Scale JJ's Contest House - under construction

Walmer Old Town - Waiting for Rehab

There MAY be more that I'm forgetting. After reviewing this list, I think I have a problem....

• Like 1

I just copied my list from my profile page. Yikes!!!! I think I need my head examined.

Finished:
Rehabs 1+2: 1 Sweetheart (for the kids to play with)
Rehab #3 completed: the Sweetheart (decided to recreate it into a faux Tudor)
2009 Spring Fling - The M.A.R.S. Observatory and Planetarium
2 mini 2009 Spring Fling participation prizes
High Security Military Compound ( Grandson puzzle house)
Halloween Party House (Granddaughter puzzle house)
Puddleford's Mansion Granddaughter 2 puzzle houses put together)
Princess House (Granddaughter converted bird house)

Mechanics Garage (Grandson's creation)
The HBS stick build contest - Backyard Fun swing set and sand box
(Won honorable mention !!)

Curved fairy stairs, balcony plaza and basement area

Daddy's Dream House (granddaughter's creation)

Working on:
The gigantic 1 Garfield, 1 Orchid, 2 Primrose and 1 Conservatory family mansion bash,
2 Spring Fling 2008 kits that are becoming the Viking Bike Yard - almost completed
The Alexandria
Twinkle is working on 1 Primrose bash and 6 sets of GL furniture.
Spring Fling 2010 with addition
Spring Fling 2011 with one addition

Spring Fling 2013 - Selkie's

Spring Fling 2013 - Twinkle's

Still in boxes:
1 more Primrose - for Wisteria's 1st build
1 Wildwood Stable
1 Storybook Cottage
1 not-so-Haunted house
Also a big Pumpkin house project
The HBS/Ernies Gazebo for the 2009 contest
The ingredients for the RGT room box 2009 contest
The Buttercup - with designs as a shop
Brimbles
Spring Fling 2010 - 2 more for grands
Spring Fling 2011 - several more of the component units and an extra base unit
HBS Country Cottage 2010 contest house
2010 quarter scale SF contest participation gift
Added 10/2010 - Chantilly, Willowcrest, and Diana
Added 11/2011 - 2 Vintage GL Country House with furniture kits
Added 12/2011 - Cheltenham

Added 4/9/2012 - Travel Trailer - to be a gift for a family member
Added 4/9/2012 - 1 Arbor
Added 4/9/2012 - 2 Spring Flings w/accessories
Bashes (Have all the parts - some parts begun and some still future ideas)

- All together for a train or holiday layout:
1 Corona village set, 1 Greenleaf village set, 1 New GL village kit
- The 1 Vineyard and 1 Westville to be bashed together
- 1 Creekside Cabin and 1 Shadybrook Cabin to be bashed together
- 1 Harrison and 1 Glencroft to go together - maybe or maybe not hitched but right together with the Gazebo contest entry and fairy curved stone stairs, as well as the (future) Nottingham (see wish list) [may place the Tudor Sweetheart with these too]

Extras
- 4 of the Michaels puzzle houses (from 2009) left
- 6 sets of the puzzle furniture left (got them on clearance for $1.50 yea !!)

- 6 fantasy and 6 victorian Michaels puzzles houses that were new in 2010

- Plus many, many of the Michaels birdhouses such as the log cabin, church, barn, castle tower, adobe house, pirate ship, outhouse, several styles of gazebos (circular ones), etc. etc. The grands practice on some of these plus I use them as extensions to other things. Also have the Michaels things like CD house look units.

Wish List
Nottingham Kit from Earth and Tree (or some other medieval castle type)
Arts and Crafts bungalow of some sort
Tennyson
Sugarplum

I emailed about the Victorianna last October. I was told then to keep a check on March (I was so excited!). Then, of course they were busy with Spring Fling and it didn't happen. Then, I emailed again in May and was told that once they got past Spring Fling that they "might "could get back to considering it. This is one I really want, even in die cut. I've been so bummed out about it I've had a hard time being motivated for my Spring fling. As for dollhouses I have:

In stages of being built:

Beacon Hill

Canterbury

Sugarplum

Two Michael's puzzle houses

A scratch build

McKinley

Beach house ( an ABC distributing kit)

Art ply Allison

The lobster shack

And of course, 2013 Spring Fling

Built:

Art ply Bobbi

2012 Spring Fling

A Michael's puzzle house

Half scale Rosedale

A 144 scale Beacon Hill

In the box:

Willowcrest

Monroe

Primrose

Glencroft

Coventry

Buttercup

Half scale Fairfield

Half scale Van Buren

Half scale Diana

Quarter scale SF 2012

Some quarter scale Green leaf village buildings

Several Michael's puzzle houses

Many furniture kit

A duracraft Ashley

The country house

I've probably missed a couple!

All without a manufacturer are of course, Greenleaf

I want:

Really badly- Victorianna and a Lily and any thing else that strikes my fancy , I have to catch up with Tracy and Selkie, right? LOL!

• Like 1

Now I know while this topic is so popular. When you get past the ninth or tenth house, you have to stop and take inventory, else you will lose track.

As for me, I "only" have two houses: One Country House by Model Homes (now out of business), and One Garfield house by Greenleaf.

I also have one room box that was converted from an ice cream pallor to a Mouse House three or four years ago. It needed a change, and what a change it was!

As for the dollhouses, the Country House was remodeled and renovated in May, and it has a fresh new look. If the Country House looked the way it does now when I bought it in 1979, I probably wouldn't have purchased the ready-made Garfield House, but I am still happy I have the second house. My friends and I started working on the Garfield two years ago, but it was in my friend's basement, which got flooded out by a hurricane. Surprisingly, the house held up well, but I moved it from her basement and couldn't continue working on it by myself. My goal is to have it remodeled in the future, as something to look forward to.

If I had the room and money to work with (as I would need someone to renovate it with me or for me), I would also like the Glencroft and Beacon Hill. However, I love all dollhouses.

Thank God there are so many of you out there willing to share your hobby and talent, because even if I did have the time, money, and ability to work on all these projects, there are far too many ideas and possibilities for one person to explore.