Pride and Prejudice House

Sarah91

Ok I am an insane Jane Austen fan. I have all the movies of all the books. As well as all the books themselves. Regency dresses in the closet and am learning the dances of the time period. My ideal dollhouse would be to build Netherfield. I have two choices. I can attempt to build it from scratch with my dad and grandpa helping or I can blow all my dollhouse money for the next century and buy a Hambleton Hall. It would cost me about $300-400. What would you do?

Whoa, just looked the dh up and it is huge! (And if it isn't big enough for you, you can buy a basement addition to go with it!) But you're right, it is going to be pricey.

I'll bet you can build something equally as wonderful from scratch, with the assistance of your family.

I would get the house and customize it a little, its incredible! Im also a P&P fan,Id love to do the manor house the girls live in (someday),I wonder which kit would work best for that?

wowsers i looked it up too...very nice :)

but....if you really look at it....its only a box...very easy to scratch build...its the outside decoration that makes it wonderful...you could build it how you wanted it..do the outside how you wanted :(

and all that money could go into fabulous accessories...omg it will be fabulous...build woman build!!!! :angry: :)

What a good idea for a house. I'm also a big P & P/Jane Austen fan. The Hambleton Hall is a big house. If you can get your family to build it then I would do it, that will save lots of money to buy the windows/trim you would like. If not I would get a kit and bash it to my liking.

Thanks Linda. :D If you can get why not, I would get the basement addition as well. Although If your able to you could scratch build it a lot cheaper.

Well I havce decided to make it myself. That way it will look as close as possible. Also I took a look at college text book costs...and almost keeled over. So no new dollhouse kit in my future. I will just have to make it with my dad and grandpa.

I will just have to make it with my dad and grandpa.

the best way to do it...what a family heirloom full of memories of the build it will be...fabulous :groucho:

Someone did the Sense and Sensiblity house. I don't remember if it's someone on this forum or not. They haven't updated their website in a long time, but the last time I was on the site it it was beautiful. I'll look around for it to post the link.