Hi Everyone!

Hello: My name is Trista and I just joined your site and am so glad to be here. I'm so glad to find others who LOVE the hobby/life choice (lol) as well. I am 50 and have 2 grandchildren. My granddaughter is a DH lover already -- she's 7. Grandma had NOTHING to do with that (yeah right....). I have built the Ashley and the Buttercup. At the present time I'm working on the East Side Townhouse and the Lady Katherine. Look forward to learning a lot and making "mini" friends.

:blink:

Hello Trista, and welcome to the family!

Five posts (you only need three more), and you can open your own album - we'd love to see your dollhouses. I'm not familiar with the Lady Katherine - what kind of house is it?

Hi and welcome. This site is the best. Everyone here is wonderful, and you'll get answers to any problem you have with your miniatures. Plus, you might get answers to real life issues, if not, you'll definitely get support. Oh, I just love this site.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for making me feel so welcomed.

Shy Spirit: The Lady Katherine (at least if I remember right, that's the name of it lol) is a House That Jack Built. I'll check on the name.

I'll get posting to lol. Of course, I have to get a digital camera first. :(

I'm also working on an entry for the Creating Contest due December 15 and would LOVE to have a camera before then. This is my first entry into anything and I'm very nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The entries always are so wonderful.

Again, thanx and I'm so glad to be here!!!!!

Trista

Trista, don't be nervous about the Creatin' Contest, I entered it twice, with never the intention of winning a cash prize! The entrants all receive the kit for the following year's contest as a "consolation" prize.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Trista! Welcome to the forum!

I think it is wonderful that your granddaughter has taken an interest to the miniature world also. I am 24 years old and I don't think you are ever too young or old for this hobbie. :D I really thought I was a little dorky for wanting a DH because I thought my BF would think I was nuts, but he actually likes the idea of it. I guess ppl can relate when they also have hobbies and passions about something else.

I also hope one day when I have a daughter that she will take a liking to it also like me. Shhhh...I promise I will not persuade her! ;)

I promise I will not persuade her!
Please excuse my saying so, but that's totally silly. If everyone felt that way the mini hobby, already at a very low ebb, could die out altogether. The idea is to GROW the hobby, including with our children/ grandchildren/ family/ friends.

I promise I will not persuade her!
Please excuse my saying so, but that's totally silly. If everyone felt that way the mini hobby, already at a very low ebb, could die out altogether. The idea is to GROW the hobby, including with our children/ grandchildren/ family/ friends.

I meant that as silliness. What I meant by it was that as I continue to collect and grow my collection I do hope that my children grow to understand the hobby and cherish mini's as I do, and maybe they will take a liking to it also. I apologize if I offended you by the comment I made. It was not by any means by those intentions.