Fresh meat...LOL

andrea_burgess

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Andrea. I'm 22 years old. I live in Norfolk, VA.

I just completed my first dollhouse last night, it was the Coventry Cottage. I love it. There are tons of technical errors and mishaps, but it has character and I'm proud of myself. It took me quite some time to finish, but I think I allowed the nerves to get to me.

I love my new hobby. I ordered The Haunted House last week and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I have already "haunted" a plastic dollhouse family I bought on Ebay.

I just wanted to say hello.

-Andrea

Below are two pictures of my first house:

100_0876.jpg

100_0879.jpg

Welcome to the forum family, Andrea. I like the colors of your Coventry Cottage, but you need to make a total of five posts so you can put your pictures in an album in the Gallery so I can see them larger to see how you bashed it. Good luck getting your Haunted House to let you build it haunted; mine wouldn't be anything but CUTE!

Hi Andrea! :drool:

Your Coventry is charming! I had somehow forgotten it when I was considering small houses for an upcoming project: the dressmaker's shop. I like its big bay window on the front. I did the haunted houses years ago when it was marketed under another name. I'm afraid you're already showing symptoms of having caught the bug!

Thank you all for the warm welcome and compliments on my first house!! I currently plan on keeping it. I want to decorate it for Christmas. It was something my mom and I used to do with a dollhouse I had as a child. We would put Santa and the reindeer complete with sleigh on the roof and create ice skating ponds from mirrors and cotton.

My Haunted House kit came today and I am about to dive in. I'm very excited.

Thanks again,

Andrea

Hi Andrea, welcome to the forum! :rofl: Your Coventry Cottage looks lovely. I have a Haunted House in progress - but it has had to be patient - too many non-mini, real-life things keep claiming my time. I look forward to seeing yours soon. (And the haunted doll family!)