Greenleaf Houses In Real Life

More Minis Dollhouses

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

You can duplicate a lot of the trim making waxed paper stencils and use spackle; you'd need some white beads for the trim above the porch; and, of course, a bag of fish scale shingles. I think you could get away with matboard for the paneled trim under the bay window...

Not Greenleaf but still a real life copy house. The duracraft Madison looks a lot like THIS house.

Wow it sure does. I'd love to go through that house.

Didn't GL purchase rights to some blueprints from other companies as they went out of business? It seems like a few of them look very similar to previous models of other companies houses.

• Like 1

I am glad that you brought this thread up !!! I didn't realize that GL houses were all based on real houses but when I lived on the shore in Jersey for a year I use to love the painted lady victorian houses in Ocean Grove. Several of them reminded me of houses offered by GL. There are streets of them there. This is just one street. My favorite it the one on the extreme left. I am not sure if GL makes one like it but I love the gingerbread work on the front of it.

post-26465-0-46945600-1381502651_thumb.j

How interesting to see those lovely big houses packed so close together. When I think of stately Victorians, I imagine nice gardens around them. The painted ladies of San Francisco I thought were so close simply because of the hillsides -- gardens would wash into the downhill neighbor's yard with a good rainstorm!

IT's not my house but i almost bought a display model of it one time. I saw the RL one on pinterist this morning and it clicked. the pic of the dollhouse version belongs to Texasbuilder (Jerry)

If you check out the Sherwin Williams Color Visualizer, the Fairfield is there! It's a great tool to help decide on dollhouse colors too!

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer/#

Select "Paint An Exterior Scene" - Victorian

It sure is! And there's also one that puts me in mind of the Pierce.

If you check out the Sherwin Williams Color Visualizer, the Fairfield is there! It's a great tool to help decide on dollhouse colors too!

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer/#

Select "Paint An Exterior Scene" - Victorian

That is just what I needed - thanks for the link. And that really does look like the Pierce.