New from California

Hi everyone-- I'm just getting back into miniatures after years and years (it was my childhood hobby in the 70s.) I've dug all my stuff out of my mom's garage-- some is good, but some has been trashed.

So now I'm building my own stuff from kits, and it really is a learning experience! My first project is Houseworks' 2-window shop, which will be a bakery/tea room. It's coming along nicely, except for the brads/MDF thing.

This is a great forum... looking forward to chatting where I don't have to explain why I love dollhouses!!

Belated welcome to the forum family, Candace; I'm still peeking out after spending the weekend hunkered down "weatherig" a visit from Fay; our electric coop folks got the power back on, despite losing one of their brave souls Friday PM.

looking forward to chatting where I don't have to explain why I love dollhouses
Here we all know that you love minis, and that's all that matters.

Welcome. I'm new to the forum as well (and new to miniatures). This is a great group of mini-folk with lots of info and tips. Don't be afraid to ask questions - you will get lots of help.

• 3 weeks later...