Hello from Virginia!

stillworkin

Hi, my name is Susan and I'm a die hard do-it-yourselfer. A few months ago I decided to turn some shelves into dollhouse rooms, I found this forum and I have been hanging out here ever since. I've been hesitant to post because, heck, I don't even have a dollhouse, just shelves! I have my eye on the Garfield though, but for now I think I'll spend my learning curve on the shelves. I truly appreciate all of the ideas you have shared and I have put alot of them to use. I came up with a few ideas of my own so I thought it was time I repaid your generosity, joined in, and showed you what I've got. As soon as I can post pictures I'll start a gallery. I made everything from scratch and I electrified with battery operated lights. It worked great! I'll be posting the how to's in the forum soon.

Hi Traci and Holly,

I'm in southeastern Virginia, near Virginia Beach, where I'm stillworkin. Can't wait until I can retire which seems like a lifetime away. Holly, I've followed your posts with special interest, I agree with your DIY philosophy 100%.

Hi Susan - I know the feeling about being hesitant to post but now that I've done a couple I think...ok I know I'm going to like meeting like-minded individuals. I think using your shelves is a great way to get started...wish I'd thought of it myself...lol

I wish you hadn't lurked for such a long time, we were in VA Beach for a while two summers ago when DH was doing consultation work for the VA Dept of Environmental Quality, and I was building the General Store/ aka Orchid. We have a son who lives in N VA so I may be able to coax DH to another visit your way on the way up or back...

BTW, Susan, I enjoyed your pictures of your work and want to know how you made the white wicker chair in the bedroom.

...how they do things...especially if it saves $
One of the downsides to retirement (the ONLY one so far) is the necessity to watch where that "fixed" income goes (and I wish the governments, both State & Federal, would quit fixing mine, it wasn't very broken to start with!)

Welcome to the forum Susan. :yes:

You don't have to have a dollhouse proper to enjoy miniature projects. I only have one house and I made it from scratch.

Just enjoy the projects!! I missed your other post but can't wait to see your rooms.

Post Script

I've seen your gallery. Wow! The shelf rooms are just wonderful. :lol:

Hello and welcome to the forum. I actually started reading this thread yesterday and went to check out you pictures. Trouble is, I forgot to come back and say "HI".

HI!!!

Okay, I'm good.

• 1 month later...