New from Tampa, Florida

Hi. My name is Anna. I have built 1 dollhouse (by Real Good Toys) and have redone an old dollhouse from my childhood. I currently have one Greenleaf kit that I look forward to building soon.

I love this site, especially the gallery.

"Annabelle"

Welcome to our "little" family, Anna. Which kit do you have? I live a bit NW of Tampa; I live about 15 miles NW of Tallahassee, actually... But we get down your way every now & then, as DH's mom & "baby" bro live near Ruskin.

I've always loved dollhouses, but I just started getting into remodeling my old dollhouse (don't know what make) about 15 years ago. About 2 years ago, I build the Vermont Dollhouse by Real Good Toys. I have the kit for Greenleaf's Glencroft, but I haven't started building it yet.

We moved to Tampa from Virginia just 8 months ago; I've been so busy fixing up our real house that I had put building the Glencroft on hold. My dream houses are the smaller dollhouses to build - besides the Glencroft, I'd like to build the Orchid or the Arthur, the Westville, and the Magnolia.

Since many of you live near to Tampa, can you recommend a good store to purchase dollhouse supplies and furniture?

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.

Anna

Anna, from Tampa you can take I-4 to Orlando and get off on the westbound SR50/ W. Colonial Drive interchange; Ron's Miniatures (IMO the best mini shop in FL, if not the country!) is a few blocks West, on the righthand side; parking's in the rear. You can also take the 2-hour drive down to Naples to Nancy's (again, IMO, nowhere near the selection Ron & Richard have).

We're leaving in June to go visit our son in Charleston, SC (Miniature Memories on Folly Beach Road) and our son in Burke, VA (alas! that Miniatures from the Attic is no more; I hope the shop in Leesburg is still there!).

WELCOME ANNABELLE!

I sent you a reply to your question on my McKinley, I hope you got it. I'm kinda new to this too, not sure if I sent it right. You'll love this site. you'll find lot's of ideas and help if you need it! Once you make five posts you'll be able to create an album so we can see your beautiful dollhouses. :D

Paula