Hello from Illinois

:) Hello to the Greenleaf community!

My name is Debbie and I just joined today.My husband has built 3 doll houses for my mother and I got into doll character making for them so she would have plenty of characters to choose from and rotate in her homes. One house was a victorian, one was a more rustic version, the other was a cottage style. I love doll houses, wish I had room for a half dozen1 great to be here and meet some folks with like interests!

Did you open an album for your dolls yet? Is that a clothes pin doll?
Indeed she has! I just clicked on Debbie's "Gallery" button and calling them "clothespins dolls" doesn't do them justice!

Hello! I added some pictures of my character designs to my gallery- I will be adding more as I go along. Thank you once again for your kind comments, any more questions, please feel free to ask!

Debbie @ Uneekdolldesigns

post-3115-1210536072_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uneekdolldesigns

Two questions, because I have seen the clothespeg dolls made this way: are yours jointed at the legs? And are the arms also jointed wood, or chenille/ pipe stems?

I do full-body jointed sculpts in polyclay for 1:12 dolls, but for the 1:24 Mexican familia I'm thinking of a modification of the bead & pipestem dolls in Joan McElroy's book.

Hello! To answer your questions, these dolls are not jointed at the knees, they are made from straight wooden clothespins that I make a base for so they stand. The arms are actually wire covered in dried clay. If you want the arms in a certain position, you would have to bend the wire before putting on the clay and letting it dry.

Debbie

Edited by Uneekdolldesigns

Thanks for the info, I have seen directions for making the jointed peg-dolls, both with carved wooden arms and with the pipestems. You have most definitely improved on the art of the clothespin doll! I was especially impressed with George & Martha!