What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

DH got one pulled today, so he has to have a new bridge, too. Oh well, it's deductible, and medical expenses saved us, tax wise, this year. Gotta look on the bright side!

GS1 is gone now, didn't want to leave. I know that's hard for Mom when she's tired and ready to get home, but it makes me feel good that he likes staying here. He'll be back later in the week. and you're right. We seldom get to see the grands in Kansas, but having these two so close is wonderful!! We went to McDonald's, he is after Star Wars toys, played with his dad's old legos, drew pictures, he taught me a computer game, watched a dumb movie. I'm pooped, but enjoyed it.

Sounds like a fun day Sherry! Me and my husband were just talking yesterday on how we don't really want grandkids real soon (Anslee is only 18), but we look forward to when we do have some (still, hopefully a few years off!).

I'm at the end of a 3 day weekend. Wish I had lots of productive stuff to report, but didn't get too much done. Today I went to Hobby Lobby to get a wooden box to make another nursery box from (getting paid for this one), but I couldn't find them anywhere. So frustrating, because that's where I got the last one, and I really wanted to get started on this. There's actually a deadline for this one. Maybe I'll find it later this week.

I don't know that we were ready, but when the first DIL called me up and said she was pregnant, I was thrilled. Her mother was apparently NOT ready and said so, so it's good that I did get so excited. They were both 23, through with college and had jobs, so I never did understand why her mom acted that way and made DIL cry. I guess she just wasn't ready to be a granny.

It's still raining here, over 24 hours straight so far. Our streets are running, since the drainage system here is not too good-Lubbock is very flat and there's not a not of places for water to drain off.

Sherry,

I hope that the rains stop for you RIGHT NOW!

The sun is coming out this morning. It is making me very happy. I heard that on Thursday it will get up into the 60s!

I just read the weather..it is going to be up to 55 today! YAY!!

It's quit raining for right now, just have to see if the sun comes out. I'm cleaning out the closet right now, washing my spring clothes that have been hanging for months gathering dust, getting ready to go run chores.

I am going to do some more cleaning. I am so happy that the sun is out! My friend and I are going to start walking to high school track today. So I will get that added exercise in..besides what I am already doing.

I am not noticing any weight loss right now. But I am not going to give up!

I think I should start sanding the rocking horse today. That sounds like a plan!

The rain finally cleared out of here yesterday, so I'm hoping for a pretty day. going to the farm today for dh's birthday meal at his parents. I'll carry my rug with me, it's so nearly done! Will also try to finish cleaning out my closet and get rid of the clothes that are worn out or too big.

Will also try to finish cleaning out my closet and get rid of the clothes that are worn out or too big.

Well worn out or too big is a great reason to have to get rid of things! Especially the too big bit :( Well done

Went to see the consultant today, one I haven't met before. Seems ok and could certainly explain some things noone else has thought to tell me or have not known when I've queried them. Sugar levels are coming down! Happy with that, HbA1c was 9.2% mid January, 8.3% this week, gotta get down to below 7% before we can think of attempting to start a family, so heading in the right direction :banana:

Then could have gone to the bank to deposit some cheques, and could have gone to the charity shops here in the village, but decided to come home and not be tempted to spend any money! Making some soup at the moment, catching up on emails and forum, and then hopefully I'll attach the hinges to Bullwinkle terrace, and paint/paper the front pannels.

Good luck house/flat hunting Linda!

Chris has his second interview yesterday. Was really tough he said. It was around 4-5 hours long with him doing a prepared presentation, doing some team work and presenting that, a very difficult math test (mostly due to time constrictions) and a long individual interview. They've got a second group coming next week, so we gotta wait until the 26th to find out anything! Such a long time :banana:

Not dieting, Muriel. I lost most of it while DS1 was in Iraq and DH was so sick. Not that I'm complaining, I'm down to my normal, average weight again. Best of luck with your blood sugar, I know how much trouble DH has with his, it's not something to mess with.

He has a cousin his age-late 50's, who is slowly dying from a combination of liver cirrhosis and diabetes. The fool drinks all the time and it's killing him, but I guess he had a good time getting there!

Congrats on the ongoing control of your blood sugars, Muriel. Well done!

What position is Chris trying for? The interview process seems incredibly rigorous.

He's applying for a graduate job as an Operational Researcher with an international consultancy company. There were over 200 applicants for 5-10 positions (they decide how many after the interviews). Only 16 made it to the second interview, so very proud of him. He said it was difficult, but even if he doesn't get it he did very well to get that far and has loads of experience from it. Still really hoping he gets it as it is in an area that he'd love to work in.

Congratulations on the excellent progress with the glucose levels, Muriel, and I'm saying a little prayer (or two) for Chris.

I made a set of shades for the rso FF's kitchen windows and liked them so well I found another piece of the same fabric to make a set for the pantry windows. I still have library drapes and two sets of bedroom curtains to make. I found the posterboard to make the roof templates! I want to run get groceries before the RAIN starts (truly icky out!). Paddling club meeting tonight, so we'll eat Mexican food tonight (meetings are held at Old Mexico restaurant).

I've painted and papered the front panels, just gotta be patient while waiting for them to dry! It is a little tricky wallpaper pasting one side and putting on the paper and then carefully turning over to paint the back side, but thought that was probably the best way to minimize warping. I can still see it is warping a little, but hopefully when it dries it'll right itself a bit and otherwise I'll use some heavy objects when the paint has dried.

Haha, the instructions I get are rubbish too for this house. It does have various random hints but the basics aren't described or illustrated properly. "Although the trim is supplied for the back of the windows we do not use it because it may foul on the main door, and in any case, the windows are covered with curtains" Foul on the main door?? huh? and windows aren't necessarily covered with curtains! :(

Really kind of a wasted day, other than visiting DH's relatives (wasted day). On our way to the farm, we saw a man who had gotten the front wheel of his pickup stuck between two ties on the railroad tracks and couldn't get loose. So DH and a trucker stopped and they chained the pickup front to the 18 wheeler front and pulled it off the tracks.

Then we got to the farm and had a typical visit. DH's 85 year old father wanted to take the broken freezer out of the other house, and wanted DH to do it-now, remember this thing is full of water from when it quit and defrosted! There was no way for one man to get that thing out. Being the uncaring person that I am, I suggested they just roll it to the kitchen door and push it out-it would fall down off the porch and we could tow it off with the tractor. NO...we couldn't do anything that easy!

They backed the tractor, a full size John Deere, not a lawn tractor, up to the kitchen door, raised the hook that you attach tools to, and pushed the freezer onto the hook, then chained it so it wouldn't come loose, intending to lift it off the porch.

Insert snicker here-they pulled it off the porch all right, along with the post that holds the porch up!

The freezer is in the dump now waiting for the trash run. The post is back under the porch roof. And my day is done!

Came home late from work today thanks to frantic folks who rather than talking to me directly about an IT problem, drags their bosses who in turn accuse my shop of incompetence. Talk about a hot mess!

Finally got home a few hours ago, and BF surprised me with packages from our friendly UPS/USPS/FedEx delivery folks. All my dollhouse supplies have arrived! Now I can start my evenings working on my houses!

I am on day 2 of a 4 day weekend. painted my kitchen yesterday, finished one small area this morning, then started cleaning house. i stopped at 1:30 to eat lunch and haven't finished :lol: . Been watching movies. gotta clean the house tomorrow, then i'm spending the day on Antelope Island (on the Great Salt Lake here in Utah) on sunday. I had a great time last weekend when i went out there. This time i'm gonna take my camera and a book to read. I had a nice hike last weekend, maybe i'll do that again!

We have had a horrendous couple of days involving Lloyd's 16-year-old HS junior daughter. A+ student, Honor Society, picked for the honors chorale, varsity cheerleader in line to be captain her senior year. All gone. The situation was such that she could no longer live with us. We put her on a plane with a one-way ticket to her adult sister in New York City this afternoon. Needless to say, Lloyd and I are exhausted, emotionally and physically. All I want to do is clean this house from top to bottom to erase her presence. I probably won't be around for a few days.

Oh how sad Kathie! Sending strength to you and Lloyd at this very difficult time. You know we're here when you want the company and support :lol:

Mum, sister and niece were coming to visit, sister and niece for the weekend, but they're all recovering from a temperature and cold this last week, so have decided just to come for the day and decide at the end whether to stay longer. I'm working miles away again, so setting off now (7:15am) to get there :p finish at 12 though, so should be home for lunch around 1:15.

We'll probably do egg decorating this afternoon, something quieter.

Hugs for Lloyd & you, I sent you a PM (actually two, the donnection cra**ed out).

There's some outdoor stuff at Wakulla Springs today, so we're headed over there after breakfast to see who's there & hike some of the trails.

It snowed here last night and is supposed to do more this morning. The wind is whistling outside, so I will be in, today. I need to clean the bathrooms and do some ironing so I can go back to work on Monday. Drat!! We were supposed to babysit so DS2 and his wife could go out for their anniversary, but they won't come over if the highways stay bad. If they don't we will go see Roy and Darlene tonight so I can see the progress on his new project.

Going up to 79 degrees today so heading down to Beaufort, SC to walk around and enjoy the warm weather. Will probably hit the wine tasting and bring home a few bottles to enjoy as well. Then maybe a seafood lunch sitting outside (that is if the gnats aren't too bad)

I am so sorry Kathie. I can only imagine what happened that could be so awful that the child was banished from your sight at this moment in time. I hope it all works out for the best.

It is a beautiful day and I am going to do yard work. Our fair city has decided to go from street to street to photograph peoples yards that have debris (they term debris) in them.

We have things on our patio that we were going to call the junk guy about next month but now it seems I have to get the money together and have him do it now.

If the city deems my chairs ugly, they can charge me $25 a day! I hate living here sometimes. They are always looking for ways to squeeze money out of the taxpayers so that they can fund another folly of theirs.

We used to have bulk garbage pick up but they got rid of that. I have to take money I was saving for something else to pay for this. Ugh!