What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Holly, I think about the time we get used the house being empty, she will be back. She joined the reserves so she will be back living with us while she completes college. She finished one semester in the fall but couldn't go for the spring semester since we knew she was leaving. She will live with us probably another 1-2 years until she saves up enough money to be able to live on her own.

Busy morning at work. Every month there is a very small (probably ~10 stalls) flea market in the church hall in our village, but normally it is only on saturdays from 9-1 when I'm at work. Today on the way to work I saw a sign that said they were open until 1:30 today and I got all excited! The one time I managed to get there, there was a lady that was selling some books about dollhousing, so hoped to see her again. Rushed over after work only to find that the last couple stalls were carrying their stuff to the car :birthday: Guess it wasn't busy enough for them to hang on.

Rang Chris to meet me there and he had some good and some not so good news. Not so good: The flat inspectors are coming tuesday, so after finally getting back into mini work this last week and looking forward to two and a half days of lots of miniing, I'll be flat tidying/cleaning instead :jumping: Good news: our wedding rings arrived and the order I placed for some mini stuff to help towards finishing Bullwinkle terrace arrived! :angry: Have unpacked them, so will have to tidy them away now along with the rest our the stuff to make the flat spotless. What a downer! :birthday:

Sharon, a couple of hints about basic for AF. Don't expect many calls and the ones you get will be short. Keep a pen and paper handy, as the first call will be just to give you her mailing address and you want to be ready. And don't worry too much about hell week, they all live through it! and write everyday, even if it's just a card, they do get homesick, even if they don't call very often!

Make your reservations for a hotel now, as it will be very very busy down there and rooms are hard to get. When it gets about time to go, let me know and I'll give you a list of great places to go, things to see and places to eat. And the mini shop, of course!

Sherry, we are making reservations on the base this week. Bill is retired Airforce, 25 years in Air Reserves, he was a flight engineer on the C130s and C141 till they retired that one. We have been to Lackland a couple of times already. Stayed on the Lackland base a couple years ago when we were touring San Antonio, much cheaper than the other hotels, plus they have the laundry you can use for nothing. We try to stay on bases whenever we go on vacation if one is close, saves a lot of money. Katie is actually going to be on the same base (Charleston) as her dad was. He is excited as Katie is 3rd generation Airforce. Katie will be fine, I am sure. She is already fit and can run a mile faster than they start now. She can also outshoot almost everybody I know. She has been shooting since she was 5. Her dad has taught her how to "strip field" her weapon. Her dad is really looking forward to seeing her "marching up and down the square". I keep telling him that basic at Lackland has probably changed a little since he did his basic there in 1980.

She is supposed to graduate April 30 so we are going down on April 28 to enjoy a couple days by ourselves before graduation. Luckily for her Tech school is at Lackland as well, so she doesn't have to change bases after graduation. We will bring her some of the things she can't take with her when we go so she can have her IPOD Touch, laptop and cell phone for tech school.

I just wish we had know she was leaving a week earlier than we the papers originally said. I hate just dropping her off at a hotel the night before but no other choice.

Sherry, you will have to give me the names of the mini shops so I can definitely hit those.

Still no power in our corner of Maine, and on TV they said maybe not to expect any through Sunday.

Central Maine Power does all the rural areas in the north of the state, then they finally work their way down to Portland and points south, where the heaviest population density is.

I bought a lot of frozen food at Walmart last week, and it was starting to thaw. I found the super long extension cord and it's snaking through the house from the family room to the freezer in the basment.

Thank goodness we have a generator. This morning it was cold, and I woke up early, unfortunately. DH had put the generator away for the night, so I warmed up the family room by building a fire.

We have been watching the news reports and waiting the tsunami to hit Hawaii. There sure are some stupid rubberneckers on the lower reaches of the islands. Also the news folks ask some of the dumbest questions. "Why are there no surfers out? How come the boats are going out to sea? Did this happen as you planned or when you expected it?"

We started having snow about three hours ago and now have another six inches. Enough already!!!!!!!!!!

The tsunami warning was called off after a while, but it was good to see how many people took precautions. I walked through the park in Hilo with a Hawaiian friend who was there when the tsunami hit in 1960 and took out people and buildings, tried to imagine 6 feet of water over my head. I couldn't. But 50 years later, memory lingers among those who went through it and their descendants, who have heard the story many, many times.

The anchor on CNN was a total ditz. I heard her interviewing a tourist from Wisconsin who with his wife had to evacuate his hotel on the beach. Fredrika kept pushing for drama ... how are you coping? Are you bonding with others who are in danger? Making lifelong friends from your shared misery? What will you do for food and bathrooms? Are you anxious about what is to happen in the next several days? Do you know where you'll be sleeping tonight? Etc. ad nauseum. And the tourist said, naw ... we drove our rental car to a golf club on higher ground and are enjoying the club restaurant where we're on our third cocktail and having lunch, and they're telling us we can go back in a few hours. Poor Fredrika couldn't wait to cut him loose. :angry:

LMAO! I don't miss CNN so much hearing that!

I wonder what, if anything, is going through a reporter's mind (?) when I hear some of the questions. I notice they never use the footage of someone saying, "I've just lost my home, my family and all my treasured family heirlooms and I don't know how I'll start over; how do you think I feel, you total idiot!?" Just once...

I was very glad the tsunami was a non-event in Hawai'i, wondering how the Japanese will fare, and are the news people aware of the other Pacific Islands with populations that may be in its path? And what about all those poor Chileans? 8.8 on the Richter scale!

I'm freezing my derriere off this AM, probably camp out in the shop and work on bricking the rest of the chimney in the attic and then put on the roof and try to fit & install baseboards.

I am so glad that the tsunami was not bigger then they were thinking. I was watching it on CNN while doing chores and NO ONE was allowed to change the channel.

Those poor people in Chile..from what I have heard though..it is not a total disaster like it was in Haiti. Stronger buildings. Wasnt there an earthquake in Japan also? I thought I read that yesterday.

Another dreary day but it is not raining or snowing..Good!

I took out some Tilapia for dinner today. I have no idea what the plans for today will be either.

Doesn't look like I'll be doing anything much today besides blow my nose! I was congested all day Friday and Saturday and it is breaking up this morning. I get tired of blowing my nose, but it beats congestion. And we had an all day thing at church today, I'll try to convince DH to go without me so we can get signed up for things we need to do, and I'll go back to bed!

I just checked the weather for this coming week. Looks like March is going to come in like a lion this year for me. Rain/wind/snow forecasted for tomorrow. I cannot believe that March is already upon us. Isnt that great?

I'm sure ready for it, but they are predicting possible snow today. We have spring break in 2 weeks, sure doesn't feel like spring! We are planning to spend it working in the yard, I am already stockpiling seeds, bulbs, etc to plant and laying out the plans for the patio addition. I sure hope we don't spend the week watching it snow!

I just put an eye of round into the crock pot with onions, carrots, red potatoes, rhutabaga, a red wine reduction made in the pan the roast was browned in, and a can of diced tomatoes with spices in olive oil. I'll make some french bread to go with it. The bread can rise while we're at the local philharmonic concert this afternoon. The guest artist is a steel drum band. Maybe we'll feel tropical even if the temperature outside is near freezing.

*I am resting my back and leg so I am sitting here for a moment..hehehe*

Both girls left this morning for a district Buddhist meeting near New Haven. So it is just Fred and I. I walked the dogs, fed the dogs, and Fred has been helping me with the house. We have been cleaning the kitchen and diningroom. I have a window open in the kitchen to get some air flow going.

I am going to make chili in the crock pot AND the Tilapia. Nat does not like chili. I am going to make some corn bread also. Once I rest my back and get the chili going, I am going to clean the fridge..UGH!!

Cleaned the living room, kitchen and bedroom. Cleaned out the catboxes. Now I have to clean the master bath then back to cross stitching the wedding picture for Bill's sister. We are taking Katie and her boyfriend out to dinner tonight since it is her last night here. She is busy cleaning her room, packing for basic and also putting out all the things we are to bring her when she graduates so that she can have stuff for tech school.

Tomorrow after she leaves, I am going into that bedroom of hers and cleaning it like it should be. Also buying some underbed storage for her room. Then to scrub her bathroom, that may take awhile. Took tomorrow off of work so I could be here to tell her goodbye.

Don't over do Heidi. Remember slow and steady is best!!!!

Oh I am. Fred just told me to do the fridge another day. I cleaned the entire kitchen (with help) though. It is clean, there is chili in the crockpot, and left over fried chicken warming up in the oven for lunch!

I made lasagna the other night and we had leftovers for lunch just now. I've got my clay pot soaking in the sink while the prok roast thaws, and then dust it with Indian curry powder, it's going into the oven with red-skinned potatoes, onions & sweet peppers and carrots for the afternoon. We are both in a super-comfort food mood today!

We had a friend come visit for lunchtime, so we tidied and cleaned this morning, had a nice roast dinner lunch at the pub, came back to watch the football league cup final (soccer) and now putting off further cleaning! Bless him, he might not be able to make it to the wedding, but he wanted to come and explain in person rather than just over the phone or on a card. Very sweet!

It has beeen a while since I have been here. I was just about to put the finishing touches to my Garfield. But then my youngest son commited suicide in the room I was building it in. Therefore I cannot go in that room as I was the one that found him. The house will not come out, my husband has tried very hard for me. So I have just recieved the Beacon Hill as a replacement. I glued the first 3 pieces together yesterday!!!

I'm feeling lazy today. I have a lot on my mind and that's when I work on my dh to get my mind free and clear. I didn't go to bed until 4:30 this morning; but I was up and ready to face the challenges of today at 9:00 am. I have to deliver a mini home to a coworker (the AKA inspired Laurel & Primrose) this evening. I can't wait until she sees the house!! I just finished adding some final touches to it and now I'm going to take pics to add to my gallery.

I want to do laundry and cook, but those will just have to wait until I feel like it!