mini mishaps

Tessy

BIG BIG OOPS !!!!!!!!!!!

omg here it was 6 am : I woke up thinking about working on my little boys bed.So I made the bed did the bedding ect. almost done . need to add the legs. but my wood glue is cloged . opened the lid tryed to clean it out .

7:30am: hubby comes home as I am cleaning up and I decided to go back to bed. Im tired.

10:am woke up started to clean the house.

2:30pm did the cleaning so I desided to add the legs on my little boys bed .( the one I'm almost done with ) holly *&(*&^&^%$^%#& I went to add the glue and the lid came off .wood glue all over my shirt !! and all over my new little boys bed that I was just about done with !

talk about someone so mad !!!!!! I wanted to cry !!!!!!!!!

ok that was my first miniature mishap , hope you dont have this happen to you ! Its so not fun .

Thats aful. I just smeared, acrylic paint all over my half done beaded curtains, casey suggested rubbing alcohol will try that tomorrow. (don't have any right now)

Thats aful. I just smeared, acrylic paint all over my half done beaded curtains, casey suggested rubbing alcohol will try that tomorrow. (don't have any right now)

Let us know how it goes, I don't know of anything that will remove acrylic paint once it dries.

I made a brick hearth for my Brookwood and its quite heavy so I used Gorilla glue to stick it in the chimney. Forgot that it foams up and saw it and went crazy trying to scrape off what had foamed up where it shouldn't. Almost used a good dinner fork to do it, stopped myself and then used my fingers. I had the dinner fork because I was about to eat lunch and then glued myself to the dinner plate!!! I got it off, of course, but there was some muttered cursing going on I can tell you. That was yesterday. Lets see what I can do today.

holly *&(*&^&^%$^%#&
Goodness, I've become an expletive! God forbid there's EVER a "next time", but you can drop your itemful of wet glue into a container of water to cover and use an old toothbrush to scrub off the glue. Then wash the item in dishshoap & warm water & let it thoroughly dry, and that can often save it. Ditto with the bead curtain in the glob of acrylic paint, if you catch it before it dries in the glob. We won't go into how I figured that out, either.

As Ms. Scarlett would say "tomorrow is another day!" Chalk it up to bad karma and go on! I think most of us have had bad glue spills, cuts, things that don't fit well, and it is so very frustrating! But remember, sometimes a bad mistake can be a new beginning! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!

I got the tip about the alcohol from one of the mini magazines years ago. It has saved me more money that I can count. I am a terrible brush cleaner. I soak the brushes in alcohol and after that I wash them with handsoap and rinse. Stand them brush tip up in a glass until they dry.

Corwin, I am not sure what kind of fabric you are beading on but if you use the alcohol and then rinse well it should work. Like I said in the other thread, you have nothing to lose. I hope it works for you! Good luck.

sometimes a bad mistake can be a new beginning! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
You heard it from the Wolfmeister! I read a lot of glowing praise for my suggestions & solutions to problems; now you all know where those suggestions & solutions originated! Or, as I said elsewhere, "oopses" are learning opportunities.

Or, as I said elsewhere, "oopses" are learning opportunities.

A lot of my "oopes" have become "architectural features". Yeah, yeah, that's it. Architectural features! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! But I still haven't quite figured out how to explain why the librarian's fireplace is on the left side of the house and the chimney is on the right side of the house.

I'm solid gray, and once when putting the lid back on a can of stain--let's just say doesn't make for a good dye job

Well darn. There goes my idea of dying my hair "bombay mahogany". And it's such a lovely color too. <sigh> Guess it's back to Clairol #43.

Deb

Hey, Deb, how does Clairol work with HOM basswood? (ducking & running FAST!)

I have an issue (maybe) with the Cassidy Creations 1:24 scale monitor-top refrigerator kit. My Stylus with the correct-sized drill bit did a beautiful job drilling hinge holes in the white metal door, OK? For whatever reason, however, it didn't like the resin hinges on the box, so I took a steel pin IDENTICAL to the ones in the kit and heated it over a flame and melted the hinge hole, centering it EXACTLY and melted my hinge-holes, and both of them went the teeniest bit through the resin in one place! Makes me wonder how it was supposed to fit the pins if I had been able to drill it. Ah, well, time will tell, now we're finding out how well interior latex enamel goes onto white metal & resin.

Hey, Deb, how does Clairol work with HOM basswood? (ducking & running FAST!)

<giggling> I dunno. My hair is around 4 feet long so I've never had any dye leftover to try on wood. But it would be an interesting experiment! I'm willing to try anything once.

Deb

Oh I feel so bad that this happened to you! Ive had many mini mishaps. Ive gotten stain on wallpaper, cut the wrong parts, painted things the wrong color, you name it.

I think the worse mini mishap I ever had was with a bottle of Mod Podge. I had opened it to dip a toothpick in it for something I was making and I just placed the lid back on top but didnt close it. I forgot all about it but then I got so angry over something I was building and I just wanted to vent. I picked up the Mod Podge and slammed it on the table and it EXPLODED everywhere. Ill never forget it. My husband was just laughing in the kitchen because it reached him too. It got on the ceiling, the floor, the table, chairs, everywhere. I was soaked with it. The only good thing is that not a drop got on my minis. By some miracle all of the splatter was AROUND the miniatures but none on them. I couldnt believe it. I guess the Mod Podge knew where to draw the line. I would have set it on fire if it would have messed up my minis...lol

• 6 months later...

- I have glued my hair to my shirt, not once but twice!

-My furry four legged daughter got her paws on a full bottle of wood glue when she was a puppy. She got up on my bed with it and chewed the bottle open. By the time I got home from work my sheet was glued to the matress. :( That same day she had also mistaken my porch railings for chewsticks. That was okay though since I no longer had any wood glue to glue them on with anyway!

-I was helping my friend put a house together for one of her customers. When we went to move it off the worktable we realized we had nailed it to the table! I almost pee'd my pants laughing over that!

I don't know of anything that will remove acrylic paint once it dries.
Acetone-based nailpolish remover will also remove acrylic paint. I was cosmetically rehabbing the magic-markered bed in the Loving Family dh with deep blue Testor's enamel because the acetone wouldn't remove all the black marker and when I was done I had Smurf fingers! Before the rest of me became Smurf-colored (I hated the Smurfs when my kids were little and watched them for HOURS!) I grabbed up all the cottonballs I'd been using on the magic marker and lo, the paint came off everywhere except under my fingernails, where for some reason it bonded to the keratin.

I know the feeling the conventry i bought for my daughter and i to work on together before i had a chance to even bring it upstairs she snuck down and dumped an entire bottle of acrylic paint over it so i needed to repaint it. I spent one night repainting it in pink which was her request. I had it all dont really nice it has a grey roof and looked really nice in the dusty rose colour i painted it when she decided to repaint it again and dumped another bottle of paint all over it *sigh* i wish she would just leave stuff alone. You would think putting the paint up high where in theory she should not be able to reach it would fix that but apparently it does not. She has not been sleeping well so she gets up in the middle of the night and wreaks havoc on my house and my minis

My worst mishap (so far, I am very accident prone) is when I was doing my BH roof. The one side was too long when I tried to apply it. So I measure it and mark it exactly where I need to trim it. I get out the scissors and cut away. When I add the roof panel I find out that I trimed too much and I now have a large gap at the corner of my roof. Hopefully the shingles will cover my oopsee. Also when I was putting in my first floor stairs, I accidently broke the wall between the hall and the living room. Good thing was that the stairs covered the break and you could not tell it was broken from the living room side.

maybe try goo gone to remove the paint?

does anyone know how to get acrylic paint stains out of carpet? another mishap with my daughter she likes to pour the paint on the carpets which since we are moving in a couple weeks need to get cleaned asap!!! I was able to get the paint off before it dried and put baking soda and water on it but there is still a stain of course she had to dump black paint on beige carpets :angry: