mini mishaps

Tessy

Well, I won't go into all the detail, but let's just say my first experience with my dremel was NOT a good one. I think I'll try reading the rest of the instructions first and then practicing on some scrap wood before I ruin something. As it is I have a piece of flooring that looks like it's been chewed by a beaver.

My other mishap, not sure it was really a mishap, just didn't know what would happen...I put glossy black enamel on the grand piano I built from the corona concepts library kit...it raised the grain of the wood and looks pretty bad. I'll get that sanded and fixed soon.

Terri

ps I needed the laughs too.

pps keinanna, put your paints in a box and put them on a HIGH shelf in your closet...put them away while DD is distracted with something else so she doesn't know where you put them.

And mabe put the paints into a box with a LOCK on it... Since it's black acrylic paint in a beige carpet you might try a bit of acetone nailpolish remover on a snippet of carpet fiber from an inconspicuous corner to make sure it won't melt the fiber, and it it's OK, try giving the stain a generous dab of that before scrubbing it again.

I had a neighbor who had to lock her twins in their room at night. She figured it was safer than letting them wander the house.

I don't think I have had any bad oopsies with my houses. I learned long ago to put a rag over a paint or stain can before hammering it closed. I grew up with power tools and how to handle them. Although I did learn the hard way to not leave DH and puppies alone with one of my houses in the room.

I'd be totally scared to lock a room with children inside...what if there's a fire? But I do understand it...I've had the same problem.

DH and puppies in the room with a dollhouse? That can't be good.

OK, no more talk about mini mishaps...I think I got jinxed. I was painting a door for the roombox, that actually has 2 rooms, I'm working on and realized after I had painted the trim on one side of the door that I was painting the WRONG side of the door. :) Of course, one side is to be white and the other is a dark purplish blue. Time for sandpaper and more primer.

Terri