Hello everyone!

cre8ted

My name is Melissa and I am somewhat new to minis. I built my first dollhouse (Orchid) about 1 1/2 years ago. I really enjoyed the building and decorating (in fact I still have some to do), but life and family happened, and needless to say my dollhouse was put on hold for a bit.

I have started to look around again and gather different ideas for a renovation of the Orchid and a yet to be unpacked Victoria's Farmhouse. I'm thinking of redoing the Orchid in a Beatrix Potter theme. Or perhaps as Mr. McGregor's house/garden. :blink: I have always loved the tales of Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, and the rest. It brings me back to my childhood days and my love for reading.

Speaking of reading, I can recall my very first time seeing and playing with a dollhouse. I was 3 1/2 years old and my grandmother brought me to our town's public library to sign up for a library card and lo and behold, there was a dollhouse at the library. I remember wanting one so badly, but never received one when I was younger. I still live in the same town and am sad to see the dollhouse is no longer at the library, but perhaps I could change that. :)

I look forward to learning so much more about minis here and getting to know all of you.

Welcome to the neighborhood Melissa!! The Orchid is a Splendid house for the themes you mentioned! Someone used a book as wallpaper for a Mother's goose cottage (Mini mad woman is her username here). I'll find the link and post it cause it reminds me of the themes you like too.

Just wanted to pop over and say Hi and welcome:) I love Potter too, have you seen the new movie starring Renee Zelweger? I realize I didnt spell that correctly...haha...I loved that movie. Ive wanted to do a Potter inspired house for awhile,just keep getting side tracked. Ive always thought The Sugarplum cottage would be a great start,love the Orchid too though.

Glad youre around,pop in often!

Hi Melissa,

I just love Beatrix Potter! Have you seen the movie Miss Potter? It will really provide inspiration for your Orchid, as you spend a couple of hours living in her world.

I helped my friend, Crystal, put together a Peter Rabbit nursery. Check out the window treatment and crib I dressed in my gallery. I have a Peter Rabbit download on my computer that I need to tile and make into wallpaper.

Hi and :p!! I love Beatrix Potter as well. Peter Rabbit was my favorite story growing up and I always loved going to the library to get the different Beatrix Potter books out. I love the idea of doing a Beatrix Potter themed house. Enjoy it!!

:wub: