Another new member

nechee

I thought I would introduce myself. I owned a dollhouse when I was a child that my father built for me. Unfortunatly I got rid of it a long time ago. Ever since then I have been kicking my self in rear end for getting rid of it. I recently went out and purchased a Beacon Hill kit and I can't wait to get started. If anyone has any tips or tricks I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks

Hi Kathie,

Welcome and congratulations on the Beacon Hill. It is a gorgeous house! I don't really have any tips, I've never built that one, but so many talented people here have - you should have no problem finding the answers to any questions. I'm sorry to hear about your childhood dollhouse. I had a similar situation. I built 3 houses as a teenager, then felt like I had to get rid of them when I "grew-up". Now I am surrounding myself (literally I'm afraid!) with the things I have always loved, once again!

Have fun and feel free to ask questions. People here are wonderfully friendly, supportive and helpful!

I thought I would introduce myself. I owned a dollhouse when I was a child that my father built for me. Unfortunatly I got rid of it a long time ago. Ever since then I have been kicking my self in rear end for getting rid of it. I recently went out and purchased a Beacon Hill kit and I can't wait to get started. If anyone has any tips or tricks I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks
Welcome to the happiest forum for minis, Kathie. As you read your way around you'll find a lot of "getting started" threads as well as mini posts about your chosen beauty, the Beacon Hill. The "Search" feature is a great help, too.

I find that a lot of kits begin speaking to me ASA I look at them, much less think about buying them. That you're drawn to the BH indicates this has begun to happen to you; listen to what it wants as you build & decorate it & it'll turn out beautifully. You will be encouraged to share pictures of your build with us, as well. After five posts you can open an album in the Gallery.

Welcome, Kathie ... my BH is patiently waiting to become a New Orleans Victorian. There are lots of photos of really super BHs here for inspiration. Do you know yet how you want to paint/decorate?

Hi there,

I am new to this site as well as dollhouses and miniatures. I just joined this site but do not know how to introduce myself and ask for help like you just did. What do I do ??? Thank you so much.

Lindylou

Thank you for the warm welcome. My BH is waiting very impatiently for a space to be cleared for me to build it. I don't know how I want to decorate it I think I will get it built and see what will look good at that time. I love sewing and crocheting so I will probably make a lot of things myself as soon as I find patterns.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...