I won a Glencroft on E-Bay!!

what2craftnow

Woohoo!! :lol: I won a Glencroft on that pesky E-Bay (I really have no business poking around on there when I'm supposed to be saving $$ for the Bishop show, but couldn't resist! :giggle: ) And I got it for $54.00 total, which I thought was a pretty good deal, so I'm happy. DH on the other hand, will be less than enthusiastic when he hears about it :clap::blink:

Just had to share it here, 'cuz I know you all understand the addiction, unlike my DH :wave:

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!! Now this is a house that is starting to be one of those that keeps reminding me of its existance LOL so I suspect that I might have to cave in sometime as well LOL and as for DHs.... Well, I do think he would prefer you doing tiny houses in different styles compared to you re-decorating your own house to fit the ideas one has.... :lol:

Hugs (ohh, and you know if he keeps giving you a hard time over it, send it over here and I can sort of harbour it until it is safe again.... :giggle: )

:blink: Anna, at the rate I'm going, I may have to hide dollhouses all over the forum :lol: - the Brookwood is still hiding at Redneck Princess' house, I can stash the Glencroft with you, and I still want to get The Adams soon...boy, I'm really gearing up to be on a serious collision course with my DH :wave::wave: Any other takers in hiding my "dollhouse booty"? If DH murders me, you all get to keep my "secret stuff" :giggle::clap:

I think I may hide it under the couch :sofa: ...NO ONE ever looks there anyways :yucky: :queen:

Nawwww, it would be sooooo much safer over here with me and LE Arthur, Mz Chantilly, Her Highness a couple of Primroses and a Haunted house :flowers: Nooo dustbunnies will ever chase after it :sofa: ....

Hugs

You're so right Anna....it would be in much better company with your houses. Besides, I think "dust-bunnies" may be too tame a term for what might be lurking under my couch. My German Shepherd sheds SO much, they may just be "Attila-The-Hun bunnies" by now :flowers: :queen:

I tried telling everyone that dollhouses in boxes are "investments" and I got away with that for a long time - until I started to open said boxes and drag out pieces of wood. Then I used the excuse that I was just making sure all the pieces were there before I sold my "investment". That bought me another week. :o

I tried telling everyone that dollhouses in boxes are "investments" and I got away with that for a long time - until I started to open said boxes and drag out pieces of wood. Then I used the excuse that I was just making sure all the pieces were there before I sold my "investment". That bought me another week. :o

Well I heard somewhere that houses in boxes somwhow multiply alllll by themselves. :( And as that didn't happen over here I figured it must be that I didn't have enough houses for that to happen (only had ONE left in the box) so I had to get atleast another one (Mr LE Arthur) but now that I opened that box and cheat started the build with painting the trima, windows and doors, that idea has gone as well.. Oh well, twist my arm and I will get some more Primroses or soemthing like that LOL

Hugs

I am so happy to find that other people have more than one dollhouse at a time. Absolutely no one that I know even likes dollhouses and they think only kids play with them. Seeing me with just two or three made everyone think I was a nutcase. I can't tell you all how happy I am to come here and be normal!

Where is the fun in sitting awaiting glue/paint/inspiration to happen huh??? Having more than one project seems to take longer to accomplish, but if one thinks about it if you had built thema fter one another in stead you would probably have spent equal amount of time all in all and be out lots of more money spent on shipping of items nneded, as when you are making multiple projects you order for more than one, hence you can order for several projects at one time ... Yep, that is MY story!!!! :o

Hugs

I hear ya on that Holly...we live in a shoebox here, and I just keep ordering houses like a dang fool :lol: I tried to keep to the "smaller" houses, but I think when I start on the Glencroft or the Brookwood, it may just cause my DH to go over the edge :wicked: