Bill O

I'm a new member from Eastern Canada.

Currently working on my second dollhouse project.

Had a great time building my first -- a Magnolia -- for my grand-daughter (do you know how hard it is to keep a secret like that for four months ?), and now starting a second Magnolia. This one is going to be raffled off as a fund-raiser.

Didn't know this forum was here during my first build, but look forward to having lots of experience to draw on if I run into snags on this or future projects.

Many Canadians among the ranks ??

Bill O

Hi, Bill ... welcome to the community!

There are a lot of Canadians here. You're in good company. :banana:

Do you have photos of your granddaughter's Magnolia to share with us? Once you've made 5 posts, you can begin to create albums in your own personal gallery.

Welcome to the forum "family", Bill. Where in Eastern Canada are you? When we retired DH & I made our first long post-retirement trip up the eastern seaboard, crossing into Canada between NY & VT into Quebec and thence to New Brunswick for a month. Hurricane Ivan came through to squelch our plans to visit the Atlantic provinces, but we hope to make it back one day.

I just built a Magnolia and I'm still making things for it..

Lots of replies in a hurry.

Logan, it's the Fredericton area. Whereabouts are you ??

Have a brother in Vancouver and have been to Florida a few times, so it's easy to see connections everywhere.

Just been doing some work on my current Magnolia. First one was two-tone pink.....this one will be yellows.

It's fun to get creative !!

Bill

Lots of replies in a hurry.

Logan, it's the Fredericton area. Whereabouts are you ??

Have a brother in Vancouver and have been to Florida a few times, so it's easy to see connections everywhere.

Just been doing some work on my current Magnolia. First one was two-tone pink.....this one will be yellows.

It's fun to get creative !!

Bill

Moncton area here, we're not far! If I don't go to Dalhousie in September, I'll be heading to UNB your way :D

Welcome Bill, I am in eastern Maine, but love visting the maritimes. I sure wish the US wasn't making visiting you so difficult. I haven't been to Fredericton, we usually go up the coast, but I would like to do some inland trips sometime.

Hi and welcome Bill. I live in Alberta. We're in a real deep freeze right now. What's great on this forum is that while chatting yesterday about the weather, I discovered that there are actually people who are still able to wear shorts and t-shirts. That's something we won't be looking forward to for another 3-4 months.

Love to see photos of your Magnolia.

-Susanne

We didn't get to spend any time in Fredericton, we wound up in Moncton for two weeks, mostly riding our tandem bike along the Petit Kodiak and raced the tidal bore one day, hiked the park another. Then a week or so at St John's, camping at the city park there. We loved how friendly everyone is! One of the merchants teased us that it was because we spent Canadian money, not US!lol

Thanks, everyone, for the welcoming words.

I'm beginning to think I could spend five or six hours per day here on the forum, and learn tons of tricks and hints, and make new friends across the continent and around the world (Holland, at least, eh Kokkie ?).

The problem, of course, is that I still have to work.......and I want to have some time to build, and time for my grand-daughter too. I'm doing some "full-size" bulding at my daughter's house, too, finishing part of the basement for her.

So, I'll have to ration myself a bit, but I'll be checking in from time to time.

Take care everyone !!

Bill