Greetings from Sunny but COLD Phoenix

vcr603

Hi,

I'm Virginia from Phoenix via Long Island.

My daughter saw fit to give me something new to do this Christmas. As she just got married in Oct. I wonder if this is a hint!

I have never done anything like this before and am greatly intimidated. I don't even have a place to start working on it! (I'm going out shopping shortly) I will greatly appreciate any help you all can give, as I don't even know how to begin all this! My dad built me 2 when I was younger and I have always been intrigued by them. He even made his own stones and thatched roof from a broom for my one cottage. I don't think I am quite that talented.

My husband builds model airplanes and at present is working on a really big P40 Warhawk. So I really want to show him I can do something!

Well...guess it's off to the stores to buy a table!

Hope you all have a very Happy New Year !

Hi and :o!! Which kit did your daughter get you? There are many tips and how to get started throughout this forum. The most important thing to remember is to have fun. It is your house so you get to do whatever you want (oh, but don't use hot glue guns on building except for the roof shingles even if the instructions say to). Enjoy it!!

:(

:o , Virginia!

Hi,

I'm Virginia from Phoenix via Long Island.

My daughter saw fit to give me something new to do this Christmas. As she just got married in Oct. I wonder if this is a hint!

I have never done anything like this before and am greatly intimidated. I don't even have a place to start working on it! (I'm going out shopping shortly) I will greatly appreciate any help you all can give, as I don't even know how to begin all this! My dad built me 2 when I was younger and I have always been intrigued by them. He even made his own stones and thatched roof from a broom for my one cottage. I don't think I am quite that talented.

My husband builds model airplanes and at present is working on a really big P40 Warhawk. So I really want to show him I can do something!

Well...guess it's off to the stores to buy a table!

Hope you all have a very Happy New Year !

If we are to assume "it" is a dollhouse kit, you may have noticed we would like to know which one it is. Someone somewhere around here has probably already built it and all of us will be delighted to help answer any questions you may have.

There also many, many ways described in verious posts to make your own stones (or bricks, or stucco, or whatever) & thatch. Grab a cup/ glass of your favorite beverage, pull up a comfy chair and join the "little" family here. We are all newbies at some point or another.

Hello Virginia and :o

This is a wonderful place to learn and share! There's no reason to be intimated, plenty of people around to help you through! So pull up a chair and a cup of coffee or tea and know you've found friends. :(

Hello and welcome. Prepare yourself to deal with sanding dust, paint stains and fingers glued together. It is so much fun. Feel free to ask any questions and please share photos as you go.

Hi Virginia! Welcome to the forum. :)

What a thoughtful daughter you have - will she perhaps help you build your dollhouse? We'd love to know which kit she gave you.

I think you will be surprised by what you can achieve with a little help from your friends! (I mean us, your new Greenleaf friends, you know.) :(

There are many creative ideas floating around the topics in this forum - why not dive in and have a look around?