Just Getting Started!

Hello everyone!

I will be receiving the CC Buttercup kit from my fiance for Christmas, along with a little doll named Tilly Watts to live in it. :p I really can't wait to get started!

I've never built a dollhouse before (unless the Playmobil snap-together mansion counts, LOL!), but I've sewn and created for dolls for a few years, and have bookbinding experience that I'm hoping will help me out. :clap:

I have a lot of questions so I'm going to stop here and go see if I can find the answers in existing messages here.

Thanks for having such a great resource as this community!

-B

Hi and :p, Becky!! A good place to look for answers is the category General Minis. On the top of the General Minis page are the pinned topics including a lot about getting started and some tutorials to make various things. Don't be afraid to ask questions here though. People are always happy to help out. Enjoy!!

:clap:

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

Hi! Lookiing forward to seeing pictures of your efforts, once you get underway. Maybe you can convince your fiance it's Christmas already?? :p

I'm sure he'd be thrilled to give them to me sooner, we even have a bad 'rap' with our family because we always end up giving things to each other before Christmas.. sometimes the only way I can stop myself is to wrap everything early! :clap:

But I'm going to be good! The only temptation is the fact that I have three days off work leading up to Christmas, but have to go back to work on the 26th!

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :)

The Buttercup is a delightful dollhouse -Tilly will be very happy there, I'm sure. Seeing as she "wants cake", perhaps she will run a cake-shop, or bakery, or tea-room there!