Christmas Tree Shop

CJEP

I was at the Christmas Tree Shop to buy things for a raffle at the library and saw a huge bin of Christmas Village Accessories marked for either $1 or $1.99. I bought a package of two small evergreen plants in a pot to put next to the door of one of my houses for $1 and a package of 2 larger trees to put in a yard or use as Christmas trees for $1.99. I was on a tight time schedule so I didn't have time to look through it for too long. If you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you may want to take a look.

WAH! We don't have a Christmas Tree Shop here! But a friend sent me two adorable Hallmark ornaments the other day! One is a little recliner chair and when you pull the lever on the side the footrest goes up and down! The scale is probably in between 1/2" and 1" scale and is very detailed. There is a "Men's World" book on the arm, along with a remote! And there is a pocket on one side that has two books in it, and on the other side is the lever. She also sent me a game table that is set up for poker! There are cards, chips, etc., and it says "Happy Holidays" on the top. Very very attractive, again the inbetween size..... But perfect for a smallish roombox! We don't have a Hallmark store either! Sigh......

OH yes Love Christmas Tree shop.. Only in New England I think. Used to be only on Cape Cod, but they've really branched out over the years. I absolutely love that store!!

Don't you just love a bargain!!? Next time I'm on the mainland I'll definitely make a stop there, do some Christmas Shopping,, Dec. 22.

Sigh.

No Christmas Tree shops, no Hallmarks, no Christmas villages over here even...

Why don't I get any fun stuff???

Waaaahhhhhhhh....

You and me both Susanna!!!! But, I suppose there ARE, or might be, perks anyway somewhere.... :ohyeah: Panduro is the craft store that is fairly readily avaliable around me...

Hugs

Wahhhhh!

Ours doesnt open until January.

I saw something really neat but I dont know if I would ever use it so I am passing on the information.

Do you know the movie called A Christmas Story? Of course you do!

Well I went into my local Rite Aide and they had a small ornament depicting the leg lamp. Fishnets and all. I think it is scale. It was not a Hallmark one but something else. Maybe it is the one in the link because it is the same price. Anyway..I could see one of you putting that in the front window of your dh..just have to figure out how to electrify it.

Wolfie,

I picked up a Hallmark ornament the other day. It's a really cute old fashioned refridgerator that's lit inside when you open the doors. As with your chair, the scale is a little small, but I remember when fridges weren't big enough to have their own zipcodes, so its believable. It was sort of pricey ($20), but the batteries were included.

great info!

we have a christmas tree shop a few towns over but i hardly ever go there because it's always packed! you can't park,and goodluck getting thru the aisles! it's truly a crazy place...get ready to fight your way thru!!! :ohyeah:

• 4 weeks later...
Anna & Susanne, we in the SE US don't have those stores, either.

Then we will share the :teary: sentiments at times!!!! Well, there is always Ebay :wicked: hehe...

Hugs

OH yes Love Christmas Tree shop.. Only in New England I think. Used to be only on Cape Cod, but they've really branched out over the years. I absolutely love that store!!

Don't you just love a bargain!!? Next time I'm on the mainland I'll definitely make a stop there, do some Christmas Shopping,, Dec. 22.

They've actually made it all the way to Pennsylvania (much to my Boston Aunt who moved to Maryland's joy!). You can also look at their flyer online...though this may not be such a good thing if you don't have one near you - it's such a tease!! I walk in that place and spend waaaay too much on things I really don't need...but really want!

When I was a kid and we'd visit my family in Massachusetts, that was the one place my mother HAD to go to! We'd either stop at the one in Saugus on the way down or hit the one in Pembroke as it was all of 20 mins from my aunt's house. Now there's one right close by! :wicked:

I've heard tell that folks from Away (from Maine, that is) consider the Portland, ME Christmas Tree Shop one of the best there is. Lucky us! I was going to stop in there the other day, but there wasn't a parking space to be had in either lot. Gotta get there around 8AM this time of year.

They've actually made it all the way to Pennsylvania (much to my Boston Aunt who moved to Maryland's joy!).

Only Eastern PA. None such in the western half of the state. We have no Christmas Tree Store, no Hobby Lobby, no A.C. Moore. Boy, we're deprived!

No, but I plan to, Grazhina. It's the closest dollhouse store to me now that the other store I used to go to has closed. I love to go to the big Barnes and Noble out there so next time I head out there I'll have to make sure I stop. Stores carrying miniatures are becoming too few and far between.