Dalesq

Not to worry about the adhesive. E-6000 works fine. Don't even bother trying white or wood glue. They just don't work on the smooth plastic.

• Like 1

Doogster recommended methylethylchloride, which I tried without success. When I discovered that E6000 did the job I have been using it to stick things together that nothing else works on.

• Like 1

I tried the methylethylchloride and found it worked well to fuse two scrap pieces if they butted with no gaps. Even a teensy gap (uneveness along the edge or the tiniest bit of warping) caused the bond to fail. It's probably great for model building but not so much where long joints, like walls and ceilings, are required.

• Like 1

I've been hunting through the galleries for photos of White Orchid builds. I found Deana's and KathieB's, but am having a hard time finding any others, and the white orchid community build link took me nowhere.

Any of you who've built this lovely house and have posted photos either here or on blogs, please let me know. I'd love to see what you've done with yours. :D

Thanks Deana. I just spent a couple hours looking through the old posts for galleries and images, and there aren't that many sadly. The link to the community build doesn't work or have any houses to view. I poked around by going to each member's gallery who had indicated they'd gotten the kit and planned to build it. I found five or six, but I know I have seen other images of this house that I just couldn't find.

On the bright side, your builds and the others that I did find were inspiring and have given me a lot of ideas. :D

Guess what....must be my senior moment, the 1/2" is a buttercup( laser) and my 1" Orchid is my "Steampunk" bash.It is in my gallery. I removed the front porch, used scrapbooking

paper. I won wheels off Ebay, yes it will sit on top of wheels. but I run into a stone wall, I stop and move on to a nice 1/2" build.( so the confusion too)

I will keep you posted, she won't be very "girlie" wheels and cogs and stuff.

Gail :bear:

• Like 1

Whoever built theirs and painted it black, PLEASE pst a link to it!

It was Jet from the Netherlands. She hasn't been on the forum for more than a year and her outside blog site isn't working.

Deana found her GL gallery and posted a link in the other White Orchid thread.