Ruby's Primrose Cottage

I know I have been posting photos on another thread of our progress but it is finished and I thought its own thread was warrented!

Her birthday is tomorrow.

we spent the day doing finishing touches. and when she came she brought her birthday gift from a coworker and we were amazed that it went into her landscaping like we had meant for it to be there all along!

post-9-1192417964_thumb.jpgpost-9-1192417993_thumb.jpg

post-9-1192418089_thumb.jpgpost-9-1192418136_thumb.jpg

post-9-1192418176_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed this build with my friend and will miss her a ALOT! :)

nutti

This is a Super Special and wonderful gift to both of you. You both have spent time building memories together and as an added bonus, Ruby gets to go home with a Wonderful House! You both did a Fantastic job on this and should be proud!! :)

Well its finished so now we tweak it!

posting photos of the Pensive we made and the wizards desk Ruby and I put together

post-9-1192521277_thumb.jpg

next we are making the HOM chair in the same fabric as the bed and deskcloth

this is how it looks tonight. so many little details to put in...can you find the frog?

post-9-1192521426_thumb.jpg

nutti :blink:

Y'all outdid yourselves with the beadwork! (You know what a bead-o-holic I am!) The stained glass turned out SO well! The annual Bead Show was in town this past weekend & I crawled out of sickbed to go. They had a few skull beads but none that would sit flat on their mandibles like your candleholders do. Unfortunately onl the top half of the picture wants to download for me this AM, so I know I'm missing countless more details.

Holly the beading is those ribbons of beads trim you can buy.

although this is a Wizards house we really liked the effect!

we made a HOM chair out of the same fabric as the bed and a crate from matchsticks for mushrooms and such. no photos because the kid had my camera today.

she is going to my miniature club meeting this Sat...and I am taking photos there...we are doing a project that will finish this little house off nicely to go with her to a new beginning!

NOW on to "The Mary Jane"

nutti :)

How did you make the scrolls? Is the paper tea stained?

I have some fancy end toothpicks that I glued and wrapped with small strips of regular copy paper on the end Ruby attached a bead. painted the handles gold and

"washed" the paper with brown acrylic paint....turned out better than expected!

nutti :)

I have a new photo of the downstairs with the finished HOM chair I made!

not happy with the chair for a few reasons but it still looks ok for the house and Ruby was happy so that is all that matters.....

NOW I am officially finished with this project!

Oh Nutti, thank you for sharing this absolutley fant-abolous build with us, I am LOVING it and need to bring out the droolprotection for the key board LOL or Imight have somehting bad happening with the puter....

Hugs