The winner of Beacon Hill give-a-way contest is…

Mini Man

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the lucky ones and found the link in under 10 minutes and loved the search. We are so lucky to be part of a forum that sponsors contests.

Thank you Dean and Greenleaf staff for spoiling us.

While I appreciate the idea of a scavenger hunt and the fact that there are many fewer prizes that will be offered, so you're making it harder to sign up,

frankly when it becomes SO frustrating that it is no longer "fun" for a lot of us, it seems like it's defeating the purpose of "fellowship and fun" (or maybe that's not the purpose?) Last year, even though there were TONS of prizes - -there were also tons of entries, and even those who didn't win anything had the fun and anticipation of "maybe I'll win the next thing!!" And many folks stayed around on the site all through the year.

instead of.. "I've spent hours..wasted too much time...can't find the clue...I give up in frustration", which dampens the enthusiasm not only of the person not finding the clue, but others who were successful. And makes it not pleasurable to come here, or try to participate in the next "hunt". I was succesful THIS time, but don't intend to participate for the same hours it took me to finally "get it". Sure, that will mean fewer entries and a better chance for those more diligent, but sure sours my experience. That doesn't seem like a good thing to me, but then, I've never been much of a salesperson.

I think the main problem is that I expected the link too look much different, like some coulerful, blinking letters or something, hard to explain. Well it was just my colerful imagination though... After seeing the link I couldn't believe that it was there all the time. I've been about 100 times on that single page and didn't see it, so weird. Like it suddenly appeared. So my hint is to look very close to all that is found on a site while scanning. The hints above are great too, especially the last one. :wave:

Well, the strange thing is, now I don't wanna see the sites where the link was hidden for about at least a week, I just can't see them anymore at the moment, was scanning them much too often without finding anything yesterday. Before I loved going there but I'm sure soon I will forget the headache they caused. :insane:

While I appreciate the idea of a scavenger hunt and the fact that there are many fewer prizes that will be offered, so you're making it harder to sign up,

frankly when it becomes SO frustrating that it is no longer "fun" for a lot of us, it seems like it's defeating the purpose of "fellowship and fun" (or maybe that's not the purpose?) Last year, even though there were TONS of prizes - -there were also tons of entries, and even those who didn't win anything had the fun and anticipation of "maybe I'll win the next thing!!" And many folks stayed around on the site all through the year.

instead of.. "I've spent hours..wasted too much time...can't find the clue...I give up in frustration", which dampens the enthusiasm not only of the person not finding the clue, but others who were successful. And makes it not pleasurable to come here, or try to participate in the next "hunt". I was succesful THIS time, but don't intend to participate for the same hours it took me to finally "get it". Sure, that will mean fewer entries and a better chance for those more diligent, but sure sours my experience. That doesn't seem like a good thing to me, but then, I've never been much of a salesperson.

:insane: I feel your pain....

We all need to remember not to take this so seriously and remeber to have fun. It's a game and like in any game it doesn't always go our way but the purpose of a game is to do something together and enjoy ourselves. Dean is doing this out of generosity and is spending a lot of his time and effort to do this for us, so we should thank him for his hard work. :insane:

Actually I've found this scavenger hunt to be fun. Sure, I spent a lot of time at it. But, I'm an obsessive person, so this came very naturally tome. I also can sit for 5-6 hours doing crossword/sukoku puzzles without taking a break. I can read a complete book (recently Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows) without stopping to do anything else but grab food, drinks and bathroom breaks. It's who I am. For the past week, I've had Halloween printies dangling off of my scissors for hours at a time.

At first I was surprised that I wasn't finding the link - I do research for a living for goodness sake. I'm used to scanning through stacks of material to find the pearls.

But, I also realize that we're not all meant to win all of the time. Even with my obsessiveness, I would stop before I reached a point of frustration. Just like eventually, I'll put down my scissors (before my wrists seize up), or I'll stop eating junk food before I get sick to the stomach (well mostly ....).

Thanks, Dean. You are such a generous and thoughtful person. I really appreciate the challenges that you'll be putting forward to us this month. You really are tops in my books.

Hugs to all,

Susanne

We all need to remember not to take this so seriously and remeber to have fun. It's a game and like in any game it doesn't always go our way but the purpose of a game is to do something together and enjoy ourselves. Dean is doing this out of generosity and is spending a lot of his time and effort to do this for us, so we should thank him for his hard work. :insane:

I couldn't agree with you more, Greg. The least we can do to appreciate the hard work of Dean and the Greenleaf staff is to have fun and look over their various sites to find the clues. I, personnally, enjoyed the eye candy along the way of the hunt and was reminded of another great mini source for supplies and information.

As long as we can remember that these contests are a privilege and not a right, the frustration level shouldn't reach such a high. Plenty of time is given to search and find, doesn't always have to be done the first day.

Thank you Dean and any other Greenleaf staff for your hard work all year long to make this such a good group to belong to.

I wasn't a member last year, so didn't get to participate in any of the contests. But, I must say, being a member of several boards, not all mini, there is no other board on the web that I have ever belonged to, that goes to so much trouble, and expense, to the joy of their forum members. No other board does anything like this, and I just want to say - hats off to Greenleaf, Dean and the whole staff, for all they do. It is a pleasure to belong to such a group, especially since it is a group and company that is all about the things I love most in the 'craft' world, MINIS!

I may not win anything, and that is fine - but just being along for the ride, is great!

Thank you for letting me be a part of the group.

Amen to that!

I couldn't agree with you more, Greg. The least we can do to appreciate the hard work of Dean and the Greenleaf staff is to have fun and look over their various sites to find the clues. I, personnally, enjoyed the eye candy along the way of the hunt and was reminded of another great mini source for supplies and information.

As long as we can remember that these contests are a privilege and not a right, the frustration level shouldn't reach such a high. Plenty of time is given to search and find, doesn't always have to be done the first day.

Thank you Dean and any other Greenleaf staff for your hard work all year long to make this such a good group to belong to.

Well said Peggi!

I enjoyed the hunt, just as I enjoy the scavenger hunt. I don't always find what I'm supposed to look for, but the hunt is its own pleasure, and it's sure cheaper than a lottery! (which I don't play). Thank you, ean, for a generally good time on this forum, no matter what time of year it is!

I AGREE.If it is not going to be fun I do not want to do it.Last year I never won anything but I had fun every day . For Dean,some people do not spend hours at their computer. By the way I am in-- found it

I'll chime in too as President and only member of the DFL club (Dinks for Links) I find anything thats a challenge enjoyable. I still haven't found it but I have been to many pages that I may not have before since most time is on the forum when I'm on the net. and I still have time to look some more. :yes:

A big thanks to all the Greenleaf crew who make this month and any other month fun.

During the hunt I actually visited parts of the Greenleaf website that I did not know existed, so to me the hunt was well worth it just for that.

Thanx Dean :yes:

same here and even tho he said the link wasn't in the forum, i did check out a few sub forums and found some threads that i'd like to go back to respond to :blink:

I admit that I had a hard time finding the link at first and it got frustrating, but not to the point that I was no longer having fun. To me, it wasn't much different than the night last year where we had ten minutes to respond to a post somewhere and all over the forum. I had so much fun that night, even though we kinda overloaded the server. I think it was wonderful thinking to get us to parts of the site that we don't otherwise visit! Thank you Dean and Greenleaf for a wonderful contest and for being so good to all of us!

I enjoyed the hunt, just as I enjoy the scavenger hunt. I don't always find what I'm supposed to look for, but the hunt is its own pleasure, and it's sure cheaper than a lottery! (which I don't play). Thank you, ean, for a generally good time on this forum, no matter what time of year it is!

Ayup, I certainly agree!!! :yes: Me likes eye candy LOL which I got some tasters of while browsing and searching the sites...

Hugs

Well, I give up. I've look for two hours. I only saw this tonight and tomorrow is the deadline at noon and I have to get ready for work tomorrow and get an early night and I don't have computer access at work. Good luck to all those who found it and entered.

Well, Ive gone everywhere on all three sites, to see if I can win something for the first time, but nothing. I always luck out on contests for some reason. I even went to all the RSS Feeds pages, contact pages, just everywhere, I left no link unclicked and I wasnt able to find it. I dont think I will be able to before noon tomorrow.

Once the contest is over, someone let me know where it was, just out of curiosity.