Hi from Minnesota

Hi, Kathie B. left a message that I should do an intro. I'm new to all of this. I am currently, patiently, waiting, for my Greenleaf Pierce to arrive! In the meantime I have been all over this site looking at all of your pictures, and reading about getting started.... I read where someone bought a house at a Garage Sale and got quite a deal... I decided to look on Craigslist.com and see if anyone had anything in my neighborhood... YES, the Greenleaf Beaumont, which was discontinued in 1996. It's a Plantation Mansion.... and it's still in the box! They opened it, closed it, and never builit it! Yes, I bought it for only $90 and I'm picking it up today. I'm not sure which to do first! Can you tell I'm excited about this :-) Also, I saw on miniature.com they have contests. There's a houseboat contest right now... Do you all do any of these?

I'm a Grandma, married, work part-time, and also have my daughter and her 3 little ones all 5 yrs and under living with us!

I've enjoyed all the photos and reading all the info on here! I appreciated all that someone wrote about the electrical. It makes me feel like I can do it! Thank You all.

Delores

HI and welcome! The Beaumont sounds like a real deal. I hope to have one oneday too( when I have more room) Ther are a few people here who enter the HBS contests. I did last year but this year the houseboat just didn't speak to me. If you have any questions just ask. Someone here will be able to help.

Hi! I'm a "neighbor" in Wisconsin :p I'll have to find pics of the Beaumont you got. I love all the Greenleaf houses, and it's always a challenge to just say no when I spot a bargain! B)

Several folks here have entered..and a couple have won!..the miniature.com contests, so if they spark your interest, enjoy!

Are you building your houses as adult houses, or will you allow your grandkids to play with them? There are somewhat different construction techniques to both, I think. Some of the "adult" dollhouse stuff is very fragile, and wouldn't really be suitable for kids to play with, I don't think.

Hi Delores ... thanks for the intro! Where are you in Minnesota? We have a forum member in Seeley Lake who's hoping to find some kindred spirits in her neighborhood!

Yes, we do have members here who do the HBS contests ... last year two of us made it into the top few. B)

Several members are working on the house boat, keeping details close to the vest until after the contest deadline, when photos will be posted. I've been blogging mine from the get-go, since I went after a wild hare and needed lots of help and input from forum members. I figure if anybody else is silly enough to try what I'm doing, more power to them! :p (click link below to peek)

Speaking of photos ... once you have made 5 posts, you can open a Gallery and create an album to document your progress. Do plan to take a lot of photos ... for one thing, we all love eye candy ... and for another, you'll be amazed when you look back over the step-by-step shots when you're finished or nearly so as to how much you've accomplished.

Welcome!

HI and welcome! The Beaumont sounds like a real deal. I hope to have one oneday too( when I have more room) Ther are a few people here who enter the HBS contests. I did last year but this year the houseboat just didn't speak to me. If you have any questions just ask. Someone here will be able to help.

Thanks so much! I'm going to Texas for 10 days, I leave on Wednesday, when I get back I'll get started! I'm taking the instructions with me! I'm sure I'll have questions!

Hi! I'm a "neighbor" in Wisconsin :p I'll have to find pics of the Beaumont you got. I love all the Greenleaf houses, and it's always a challenge to just say no when I spot a bargain! B)

Several folks here have entered..and a couple have won!..the miniature.com contests, so if they spark your interest, enjoy!

Are you building your houses as adult houses, or will you allow your grandkids to play with them? There are somewhat different construction techniques to both, I think. Some of the "adult" dollhouse stuff is very fragile, and wouldn't really be suitable for kids to play with, I don't think.

I'm building "adult" houses! So until my daughter and her kids find a new home, they won't be out where they can play with them.....

I noticed that some of the galleries I've been in are the same I saw in the contests! You people are amazing! I only found one gallery that had the Beaumont in it. I'd love to see more!

Hi Delores ... thanks for the intro! Where are you in Minnesota? We have a forum member in Seeley Lake who's hoping to find some kindred spirits in her neighborhood!

Yes, we do have members here who do the HBS contests ... last year two of us made it into the top few. B)

Several members are working on the house boat, keeping details close to the vest until after the contest deadline, when photos will be posted. I've been blogging mine from the get-go, since I went after a wild hare and needed lots of help and input from forum members. I figure if anybody else is silly enough to try what I'm doing, more power to them! :p (click link below to peek)

Speaking of photos ... once you have made 5 posts, you can open a Gallery and create an album to document your progress. Do plan to take a lot of photos ... for one thing, we all love eye candy ... and for another, you'll be amazed when you look back over the step-by-step shots when you're finished or nearly so as to how much you've accomplished.

Welcome!

I haven't heard of Seeley Lake... I live just outside the Twin Cities, I'd love to meet other people with the same interests! I've been in your gallery (yesterday and today)! Your Houseboat is great! Are you using only 1 kit, and then adding the rest yourself?! You are talented!

I'm leaving to help my daughter and her family in Texas for 10 days on Wednesday, she's just had back surgery. When I get back I'll get started, and take lots of pictures! I'm taking the directions with me.....

I think I'll have my five posts tonight! Thanks for letting me know about that!

Thanks so much!!!

Hi and welcome to the community. How exciting to find such a great bargain on a house. With two, you will have loads of fun! It sounds like you will have plenty of tiny little helpers too.

Thanks so much!! I'm hoping my tiny helpers will "only" observe! LOL! I'm anxious to get started. This is going to be my new addiction I'm sure!

Hi and :p ! I'm going to hopefully enter the houseboat contest this year. It will be the first miniatures.com contest I entered, but others have entered here.

Enjoy your houses!! B)

I will love seeing your photos of your houseboat as you build it!!! I love all the photos everyone puts out!

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm the one in Seeley Lake, but it's in Montana not Minnessota! Oh well, what is a thousand miles or so?! Again, welcome! And you all come on over any time you want to neighbor!

Wolfie

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm the one in Seeley Lake, but it's in Montana not Minnessota! Oh well, what is a thousand miles or so?! Again, welcome! And you all come on over any time you want to neighbor!

Wolfie

My brother and his family live in Oregon. I go there every year, and drive. I do it in 2 days. We usually stay around Butte, Montana! My husband also has a sister in Great Falls. You have BEAUTIFUL countryside! I went to your website, your house you are building looks like it will be nice! I like the way you put the rock around the bottom... I really like rock.

Thanks so much!

Welcome to our "little" family, Delores, I would love to get my busy little paws on a Beaumont kit, Peggi has one I think she wants to build as Tara. A Beaumont AND a Pierce? You are certainly off to a great start. Do start posting pictures when you start your builds.

Wolfie

Doh! I knew that!! :D

As to the house boat ... yes, it's one kit. I added a couple of inches to the fore and aft bulkheads and slipped an extra floor in the middle, which changed the scale from 1:12 to 1:24. The pontoons and bottom deck are the originals from the kit.

Welcome to the Neighborhood Delores!!! Ohh The Pierce is a beautiful Mansion for sure!! I can't wait to see yours!! :D

Thank You! I have been in your Gallery over the last few days. I love what you do! I just went into your webshots link. I could spend a lot of time there, I'm at work and should probably wait till I get home! I love your style. I love the idea of working with rock and stone. How many years have you been doing this?

Welcome to our "little" family, Delores, I would love to get my busy little paws on a Beaumont kit, Peggi has one I think she wants to build as Tara. A Beaumont AND a Pierce? You are certainly off to a great start. Do start posting pictures when you start your builds.

Thanks so much!! Tara, oh I bet that would be beautiful. I'm almost wondering if I should start of smaller, just to understand how it all works.... Everyone does such wonderful work here!