my introduction

danlaupat

Hi, I want to introduce myself... I'm Amy and I'm from New York State. I've been into miniatures for quite a few years. Needless to say, I'm running out of room for my dollhouses and all the stuff I'm accumulating. I've taken over the living room! :p

I have two houses--a Real Good Toys' North Park Mansion (which is huge and an ongoing decorating project), a small victorian house from The House that Jack Built.. and I've just started building the Beacon Hill, which is a house I've wanted from day one. I finally feel comfortable enough to make a die-cut house and have started it.. so far so good.

WELCOME to the forum!

it sounds like you have a wonderful assortment of houses

do you have any photos? after 5 post you can start an album and share your "eyecandy"

we sure enjoy that around here!

nutti :p

I'm working on getting some photos uploaded. For some reason I cannot figure out how to make the files smaller, so they are getting rejected by the system. :o I will get some up ASAP.

Do you have a photoshop type program on your computer? You can shrink the size that way.

Hi and :o ! Often there is a way to save your pictures at a smaller amount. Once you post 5 times you can open an album in the member's gallery, and I don't think there is a size restriction there. I can't wait to see your houses.

:wave:

Thanks to all of you for the kind welcomes! Yes, it does seem the Beacon Hill is popular. I got a lot done with it today. I have the shell assembled and am starting on the stairs. The stairs look so complicated that I was even considering not installing any stairs at all and instead using my imagination to pretend there are stairs! However, I like the look of the stairs in the BH, so I'm going to give it a try.

I will get my photos up in the next few days. The North Park Mansion is unbelievably large. In fact, it is so large that if I had to do it over again I would not have taken on such a house. It's really like a big piece of furniture and one needs room for a house like this.

Photos are forthcoming, I promise.

Finally, here are pictures of my North park Mansion and my painted lady Victorian (which I call the Gypsy House). The north park is still a work in progress. My plan is to finish the kitchen and then start with landscaping and the outside of the house.

Can't wait to hear what you all think!

post-2325-1189036766_thumb.jpg post-2325-1189036983_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1189036943_thumb.jpg post-2325-1189036991_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1189036951_thumb.jpg post-2325-1189036975_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1189037002_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1189037011_thumb.jpg

Belated welcome to the forum, Amy, I'm just getting "home" again and what a treat to meet so may "new" folks!

I cannot figure out how to make the files smaller
It looks like you figured that one out, somewhere there's a thread on this subject (try the "Search" feature). My personal method is to edit from "My Pictures", which does it in "Paint".