Miniature Fan In Georgia

Kjenk

Hello, everyone! I am a student at Georgia Southern University. My major is in Recreation and Tourism with an emphasis in Recreation Therapy. I like to learn about all types of leisure activity to see how I can implement it into some sort of therapeutic setting. I have always loved dollhouses and just anything miniature growing up. I do not have any experience in dollhouse making. I've looked at the kits online and I'm just not impressed with what I see as a basic layout for most houses. I do still want to want to buy one, but not sure what to go with. Perhaps, some of you veterans can help me? I'm also looking for anyone to do crafts with in the Savannah area, hope ya'll are out there! Have a great morning everyone! :)

Hello and welcome!

I can't recommend any kits because I haven't built any dollhouses yet...but when I asked for suggestions, many members suggested the Greenleaft Kits - specifically, the Orchid, Arthur, Laurel, or Haunted House.

I bought the Haunted House and opened the box - it looks pretty simple for a first-time build, but I haven't started it yet due to lack of time and I'm in the process of moving.

Good luck with whatever you chose for your first kit. Whatever you pick it will be a wonderful choice and lots of fun to involve you in the hobby.

Christine

Hi there!

If none of the Greenleaf or Corona Concept houses strike your fancy..you can also cruise ebay`s dollhouse section.

Plus if you dont like a layout of a house..you can bash it and add rooms. :p

Hi Katrina, welcome to the forum. As Heidi said, if you're looking for a different layout, you can add your own ideas to a kit. The more you look through the galleries and blogs here, the more practical - and possible - this will seem to you.

Welcome to the forum family, Katrina.

I've looked at the kits online and I'm just not impressed with what I see as a basic layout for most houses.
That's what bashing is all about. If you're really persnickety, you can take one of the houseplan magazines and build your own out of cardboard, foamcore and 1/4" stripwood, converting 1' to 1" in the measurements.