What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Just changed my avatar and had to see what it would look like.

I've finally started my Dura craft VH-600 Mini Mansion. Yea! I only have several of the walls glued together and painted but at least it's finally started.

I also built the table that i'm making this on. That's one of the delays.

post-5895-1300670264_thumb.jpg

post-5895-1300670292_thumb.jpg

post-5895-1300670311_thumb.jpg

post-5895-1300670328_thumb.jpg

Edited by MiniCrazy

Been on a staining binge the past two days on the furniture for the MTC. Still have several pieces drying. So far I have completed building a work table for the lower level, a bed for the bedroom and two chairs. The drying bits are for a kitchen hutch and a dining room table. Still four chairs and a chest of drawers to stain and build. Will have to dress the bed and do a bunch of cushions for the chairs and the bay window.

Pulled an all-nighter on Friday/Saturday sanding most of the 13 HW cabinet kits and a few hours on Saturday staining them. I'm disappointed with the fitting (most of the drawers don't fit) but I hope they work out in the end. Also repaired the yard and porch on the B&B. I'll finish the attic windows, roof and banister this week.

Jeremy sorry to hear about the drawers but in a way its comforting to know that even the expert woodworkers have these frustrating problems too. I'm sure you will get them all fitting like a dream in time for the show. Good luck.

Been working hard painting, sanding and dry fitting the French doors and the front door for the Pierce.. did a little hole patching yesterday evening and then some stare repair..

My spindles, balusters and posts are at the post office, picking them up this evening.. then I can finish the porch assembling. My transformer should be arriving today and the electrical running can begin..

Been mostly daydreaming about the Lighthouse build, slowly getting the second floor wood flooring cut to fit, now to decide first floor layout as well, have a plan, but...

Have another idea as well about a Miss Marple cottage and have had some fun browsing to get inspiration, but not nearly enough to be real happy though so I suppose I need to get hold of a movie or two to get more interior pics from her cottage... That mind of mine is always getting in trouble LOL

Hugs

Well rats, I wish I could see your pics, Jo...but I quit Facebook..their deciding to sell information freaked me out...it'll only be a while before they 'decide' that they'll sell ALL information they can wiggle from you..people let lots of information slip through, sometimes in posts.

You all might wonder why I'm so freaked about stuff like that. Well, I had my Ebay account hacked, and they managed to hack into the mail account for it too. They forgot to change only one thing..my western union account. I suddenly was getting checks from Western Union, for stuff 'I' never sold..Imagine my horror in finding out I was selling printers, but never sending them to the buyers..instead 'I' was supposedly pocketing the money!

I sent all the checks from Western Union back to their point of origin, along with explianations of what had happened...but it took involvement with the FBI before I finally got everything straightend out, and Ebay was NOT cooperative at all..it took a real threat of a lawsuit and some leaning by the government to get them to close down my account and get the info to the FBI. In all it took a year to get things straightened out..and I do not EVER want to go through such a mess again.

People think they're safe with 'verified' passwords. Well as fast as passwords become safe, someone hacks their method of safety, and breaks into them. And even a casual comment to a buyer can find your personal information ending up in someone else's hands. Even giving just a name, and a phone number can mess you up.

Check out this really good article if you think I'm kidding.

Scary stuff about modern Data Mining

Ok, so what have I been working on? I just recieved some wallpaper from Earth and Tree, and its gorgeous! I'm going to be wallpapering for the next few days!

I've been busy painting the paper clay rocks I made on the chimney to look like river rocks. I'm pleased with how they are coming out and hoping I don't mess it up when I grout them. I'll wait and post pics after I get them all painted.

Miss Marple is a cool theme..it would be lots of fun to build a home for a detective! You can put clues in her own house, and have memorabelia pertaining to all her interesting cases.

There's another theme someone has on here...is it you? It's a Church rectory..another interesting subject..the rectory I remember from the church of my childhood, had almost medieval furnishings, mixed in with it's homey, overstuffed chairs and sofas..was very unique.

I love Jo's Russian hunting lodge theme too. Jo, I wish you'd do a blog on that one..it could stand by itself!

J.

After placing my GL order for the SF my mind has been on warp speed. Just placed another order for all the supplies I'll need to complete my build that I can't make myself. As soon as both orders arrive I'll be in business! Woohoo! First SF for me and I'm am getting soooo excited. I told my husband last night what I was doing (expected a whole bah-humbug attitude as usual towards miniatures) he just gave a big grin and said it sounded interesting as long I as I don't make a huge mess that invades our RL house he's all for it. :) Miracles do happen! LOL I even showed him the ----- that I'm ordering for it and he said nice, then checked the price and said "that's not bad". I practically fainted away.

:) Made some serious progress on the house this week. My cardstock arrived from Cardstock Headquarters and I was able to paper the ceiling of the second floor. Finished installing the crown moulding and all the base board on the first 2 floors, and installed the lights on the second floor, made some little faux sockets so the lamps look like they're plugged into the wall (Got that idea from Otterine...thanks Ott!). Installed the 3rd floor and now I'm looking to make a couple of partition walls to divide the attic into 3 rooms so I can figure out where the lights will go. Started assembly on some HoM furniture pieces, and did my preliminary fit on the porch roof and railings. Not a bad week's work overall.

I finally finished the room box I've been working on for a friend. He's a professional photographer and I made a Photo Gallery (Grand Room Box) using his photos exclusively. It's been a lot of fun working on this - now I have to package it up and mail it to FL!

More Pictures are in my Gallery: "Art Gallery Room Box"

Wow Claudia that roombox is brilliant. I love the sense of perspective that you have achieved. Your friend will be over the moon with that.

Been making stone walls all day yesterday and today. I'm about halfway done, then there's the painting.

Jo you're going to love this...I had another one of those monotonusly regular moments today. I put the front portion of the roof on my house today and I made a template of the roof angle so I could make a partion wall. So far so good :( . I transfered the angle on to the wood, picked up my hand saw and started making the cut. So there I am, huffing and puffing, struggling struggling struggling to saw through this wood with my bad hand and becoming more and more frustrated with every stroke. When in frustration, I look over to my wood bin to see if there's a piece of wood that might be thinner or softer - easier to cut. I'll give you three guesses what I see sitting atop one of my rolling carts.....that's right, my electric mini saw :lol: You are now my offical sign holder :)

I do not have much time to work on my build during the school week , but I have been bringing the chimney with me to work on painting the 'river stones' a little bit each day. I finally finished my painting, and was able to grout the 'stone work' this evening. I need to put a layer of matte varnish on it after it dries to help protect it. That is unless the voices of experience here tell me I shouldn't.

I posted my pics here:

River Stone Chimney

The flash and the macro setting make it look rougher and shinier than it actually is.

I would love opinions/suggestions before i go any further with my stone work. I decided to practice on the chimney before tackling the fireplace oven and the fireplace back.

Wow Claudia that roombox is brilliant. I love the sense of perspective that you have achieved. Your friend will be over the moon with that.

Thank you, Jo. It's been a lot of fun making that Gallery. I love creating illusions in miniature. I think I'll get another box and make one for myself :)

Hi, all! Boy, I've missed mini-ing! :) But since I ordered my Spring Fling kit, I've been organizing my supplies. I was digging through a box of Newport furniture and found a project for the conservatory that I had put on hold...turning white wire furniture into natural wicker. I painted these with acrylics and made the seats and cushions. More on my blog as always.

gallery_4679_3429_110597.jpg

Ohh - those wicker chairs are wonderful! Great job on the cushions too. Where did you find the print for the pillows? Hard to do.

My SF just got accepted for a big charity auction here in Denver in May! Jumping up and down since I will get some advertising exposure for it! Hubby is ecstatic that I am actually getting something for the dollhouses now- even though it is not a straight sale- whatever they get for it over the advertising cost can be counted as a charitable donation. Now I need to get it finished- hardest part of course. Electrical and all interior needs completing- exterior is pretty much finished except for shingling the main roof. Saved myself some huge time by copper roofing the turret.

They are hoping to get at least $3000 for the house at the live auction during the ball!

Here is the start of the album:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=65992

Kathy

I just went full tilt twice in one thread! The photo gallery with the blue light started it and the wicker furniture finished it off!

Great work you both did!

How did you do up the blue lights, Claudia?

Hi, all! Boy, I've missed mini-ing! :( But since I ordered my Spring Fling kit, I've been organizing my supplies. I was digging through a box of Newport furniture and found a project for the conservatory that I had put on hold...turning white wire furniture into natural wicker. I painted these with acrylics and made the seats and cushions. More on my blog as always.

Otterine you're back! Yea you! :) Glad to see you back on the board and back mini-ing. Used one of your little tricks for making a lamp look like its plugged into the wall just the other day. Can't wait to see what you do with the Spring Fling kit. Welcome back!

Wow Checkmouse...forced perspective...I bet that's hard! It looks so real! EXCELLENT results, and a very cool topic for a roombox.

Wing, Jo..we all need to make the "I'm with stupid" signs, then take individual photos, and photoshop us all into the same picture, LOL..cause I'm right in there with you..just hold up that sign and stand next to me. If you take all the time spent fixing my booboos, and added it to the extra time it takes me to do ANYTHING one handed...Moggie Manor will NEVER get done. It's one step forward, three steps backward, always.

I'm glad the big stuff is done..I'm not sure I could do it again, even with tons of help from Zeb. After all, he never willingly signed on to build any dollhouses..I sort of dragged him into it. After spending time with his picky wife as she asks him to hold up big dollhouse walls, move this, hold that steady, lift this, etc..I'm surprised he isn't filing for divorce. If he thought he'd have to help me with another house, he'd run for cover.

I think after Tilly and Moggie are done, I'm going to be confined to just fooling around with the furnishings..and that's a challange in itself.

Chris, I really like your stonework..the varigated stones are very attractive..the chimney looks great!

Brae..WOW, those seats really DO look like wicker! And yes, where are you finding the beautiful fabric for your cushions?

Good luck with the auction, Sydneystyle! That sure is a beautiful SF..I really love those colors!

As for me, I'm still wallpapering..it's taking me forever. But hey, it keeps me off the streets, LOL! It sure has been nice since we moved the clock ahead..I have an hour more daylight streaming into the front window. It's so nice to sit at my worktable without squinting under unnatural light.

Thanks for the compliments! :) The pillows are art images resized in PhotoShop and then printed on fabric. I used plain cotton backing for them and stuffed them with seed beads.