Hi

lynnae

Hi :monkeydance:

My name is Lynnae. I am 27 years old and I live in Arkansas. I am a Graphic Design student and I have the

summer off. I needed a craft project for the summer. I have always been interested in making a dollhouse.

I have even picked up pieces of dollhouse furniture at flea markets here and there. I found this web site last

night and after hours of looking at pics, I had to go to Hobby Lobby and get a dollhouse today. I chose the

Orchid as my first dollhouse ( this seems to be a popular choice). I can't wait till I start tomorrow. It is kinda

late, but i may still have to open the box and see what i have gotten myself into. :blink:

:music_band: Lynnae

P.S. to the person that made the fariey dollhouse (with the pet rat in the front yard). That is one

of the cooliest handmade craft s I have ever seen. I have done alot of differnt crafts and been to a lot of craft

fairs and that is still one of the best.

Hello and welcome to the forum. You will get so much information and help here that your head will spin! You have picked a most beautiful dollhouse to build!

Welcome,

Wolfie

You have picked a most beautiful dollhouse to build
Welcome to the forum, Lynnae, the Orchid is quite a versatile little house to build. There are two sets of building blogs for it, and each one came out different. It's also a fairly fast build. Please do share pictures of your build and any bashing that you do, as well as the decorating & finishing.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. :wub: I will be happy to share pics. Where do I post them? My guess is the members gallery.

I was a little overwhelmed when I first opened the box. :p I am just taking one thing at a time. So far the hardest thing has been deciding

what colors to paint the house.

:) Lynnae

hello, and welcome!

once you've made five posts (and you could tell us more about yourself and you project and plans, hint hint!) you can open a gallery and post pics in that.

until then, i think ?? you can add a pic from your PC files if you make a post, by using the little UPLOAD and BROWSE button command gizmos in the lower right of the screen here.

:D

5 post huh. :D I think I can handle that. Progress on the dollhouse is coming along well. I only tore it apart once. Do ya'll think it is better to paint and wallpaper the inside of the house before or after you put it together?

Lynnae

better to paint and wallpaper the inside of the house before or after you put it together?
I give it a long, hard look whilst it's in dry-fit and decide which parts look like I'll need to be institutionalized if I try to do the decorating after they're together, and I go ahead and paint/ paper/ whatever. My first three or four houses I did all the decorating before assembly; that was its own set of nightmares and dreamscapes, both in execution and appearance, so now I do what HAS to be done before assembling, and save the rest.

You DO realize you can turn the houses over on its sides, ends & upside down to reach okacesm do you not?

I decorated this dollhouse before i put it together. This is the reason I had to take it apart and put it back together. I had the walls on the wrong sides. The things I have left to do are the porch, bay window, window seat, and the shingles. I am already thinking about my next one. Any sugestions to which i should try next. :D I believe i will try putting this one together before i decorte it. Thanks for all the sugestions and help.

Lynnae

Any sugestions to which i should try next.
Go to the home page and look at all the kits for both Greenleaf & Corona Concepts and go for the one you like the looks of most. Read over the blogs of any that are there that their pictures caught your eye, and go for it. But I like to try a kit that has something different I haven't dealt with before, or that I can try some sifferent technique with. The Coventry Cottage gave me some time to figure out exactly how it went together, and then to bash an extra wall to make four rooms. That sort of thing grabs me.

• 2 weeks later...