Hello

kmblanco

Hello everybody!

My name is Karen and I just bought my first kit dollhouse. I had a dollhouse as a kid and loved it. (I am 35 now). As a teenager and in my early twenties I started collecting peices to do a witch themed house, and after spending lots of money on accessories, and dragging my now husband all over to shows, I was never able to take it any further. Well, I've just decided enough is enough and I am going to take the box of stuff down and do something with it, even if it's little by little. And the theme has now changed to a Harry Potter inspired theme. The kit I have ordered is the Greenleef Coventry Cottage. I am very anxious to get started but I know next to nothing. Some of the designs on here are gorgeous (I am so jealous I could cry) and I hope to learn from the best. Anyway, I will see you all on the boards!

Karen

Welcome to our "little" family, Karen. I think the Coventry Cottage was the "breakaway" kit for the building team because it got bashed into such a wide variety of little houses. I'm not "into" the haunted/ witchy stuff, but if I were I think the McKinley would be a fun house to haunt.

Welcome Karen!

We were all newbies once. No question is stupid. Dont think you are asking too many questions. And we love eye candy...

When you get 5 posts in you can start posting your progress in your own gallery. But be warned...Dollhouses multiply like rabbits. I started with one..I had 6 (gave one away to a lil girl) and I am in the process of purchasing another one!

You have to learn to be a commando miniaturist..lots of places to hide the big flat boxes they come in! LOL

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum! :thumb:

The Coventry Cottage is a very appealing house - I have one, I just haven't built it yet! (I bought it when my kids were young, and it got set aside as I got busier.) Changing your theme to Harry Potter means that all the accessories you bought before will still be appropriate - smart girl!

Have you checked out the building team's Coventry Cottages?

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the welcomes! Oh... I am in Florida! And yes, I will probably be bombarding everyone with tons of questions and as I am not sure of my way around, I will probably ask questions that have already been asked, etc... so sorry in advance for that. I can't wait to get started!!!!!

Karen

Hi Karen and welcome. You have come to a wonderful and magical place. But the thing is you have to create the magical yourself! There is something quite magical about taking a box of wood and turning it into an art piece...but you can do it, and everyone here is very helpful and will answer any questions you have no matter what!

Again, welcome :)

Wolfie

Welcome Karen! :) I'm a newbie also! I'm excited to hear about your Harry Potter theme, because I LOVE the Harry Potter series. I can't wait to see your pictures! I'm building the Garfield and it is a huge project, so I'm taking it slow and enjoying the process. I'm learning to set aside my impatient desire to see the finished product NOW NOW NOW! :happydance: I hope to put some pictures in soon, but I'm not a camera person and need a little help in that department. Am hoping on enlisting my daughter (24) in this effort soon. Since I'm pretty new at this hobby, I may not be able to answer many questions, but all the same, am anxious to hear about your progress on your Harry Potter house! Good Luck! Sue

I am in Florida!
THAT's a big help! (NOT) There are a lot of us Floridians on this forum; I'm halfway between Tallahassee, the state capital, and Bainbridge, GA; where are YOU?

THAT's a big help! (NOT) There are a lot of us Floridians on this forum; I'm halfway between Tallahassee, the state capital, and Bainbridge, GA; where are YOU?

Sorry... LOL.... I am in the Tampa area :happydance:

And I will definitely post pictures when I have something to post. Right now I am trying to work out the budget around my hubby. He just doesn't seem to understand my need to do this right now. Too bad for him, huh? I can't wait to see everyone else's work too. Thanks for everyone's friendly welcome!

Karen :)

Hello, have you seen the Hogwarts staircase in miniature? It's fantastic. It's been in one of the miniature magazines and I saw it on another site.

Here is a link: Hogwarts Staircase Flip through the pictures. They're fantastic.

There's also a wondeful Diagon Alley floating around on Picture Trail that I fell in love with.

*points to avatar* I'm a Potter nut, too.