March Gazette

Deb

So, y'all are being really quiet about the March issue. Please tell me I'm not the only one who received it and the rest of you are still waiting. :flowers:

Dean has added a pinned thread for the Gazette in the Site Info and Feedback forum, so you can access past and present editions of the Gazette in case you missed an issue or want to go back and read something again. That thread is locked just because it'll be used for the links to the newsletter website, but y'all can chatter all you want about it in other threads. If fact, I'm hoping that you will because it's your feedback that shapes the content of the newsletter. :banana:

Congrats to Peggi as the Featured Member of the Month, and to Carrie's Simba who's our March Critter!

Deb

I got my issue! I read it on my lunch break today while i was at work! congrats to peggi for being to member of the month! it is well deserved!!! and congrats to simba for being the cirrter of the month!!!

I love this month's gazette. It was nice reading all about Peggi, putting a face and story to the names is really great!! Congratulations Peggi!! I was anxiously waiting for the fireplace and was not disappointed. Every article had something I could use in it. Congratulations to Carrie and Simba. I had seen that picture before and thought it was so cute. I am sure to read this over and over several times. Thanks so much.

Thank you, Greenleaf and Deb!! Simba is very excited about winning. He says, "Meow, Meow, Purrrrr." I interpreted that to be "Thank you very much!" He also wanted to add that the dollhouse is very tasty, but he doesn't like getting in trouble for eating it. :flowers:

Congratulations, Peggi!!

Thanks again, Deb, for a great issue!!

Yes, great issue! I did get it in email - I had to read, I mean, my cats had to read the cat article immediately. They were in stitches while I just sat there shaking my head. I've already had to chase one cat around trying to get the gorilla glue off his paw...

I'm also not sure how I missed the 1st and 2nd installment of "So You Want to Build a Dollhouse" - which is just what this newbie needs!! I'll be downloading, printing and saving all three of those, so I'm glad Dean posted the past issues!!

Thanks for another great newsletter. And my cats say thanks for making them so pet friendly!

Jen

I feel so honored being chosen as Member of the Month. After the last few months of real life stuff, this was so well timed to brighten my spirits and encourage me to get back to work on my beloved hobby.

I got to read it at work and printed out a copy and told them all "see I do have a life other than this place" :flowers:

Now, that I'm finally home, I'm going to take my time and savor all the articles.

Thanks Deb, Teresa, Dean and all the others for putting it together.

Mine arrived in my mailbox. I've only quickly browsed it as I've spent the day doing my mum and dad's tax returns.

Tomorrow I'll sit back with a cup of coffee and have a good read.

Congratulations Peggi - I feel that I know you a little bit better after reading the article.

Simba - Missymew sends congratulations - she really enjoyed her stint as Critter of the Month.

-Susanne

Thank you, Greenleaf and Deb!! Simba is very excited about winning. He says, "Meow, Meow, Purrrrr." I interpreted that to be "Thank you very much!" He also wanted to add that the dollhouse is very tasty, but he doesn't like getting in trouble for eating it. :flowers:

There's just one question I've been dying to ask since I saw that picture of Simba. If a cat eats a wooden dollhouse, does he need a toothpick afterwards?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. One of the goals for the Gazette is to build a kind of online "mini encylopedia" that covers everything from getting started on building to making the little things that go inside a house. The Dollhouse Universe and the Gazette go hand in hand to provide as much information about minis, with as much variety in subject matter, as we can. So getting feedback from you (who are the experts) about what you find informative and helpful contributes to what we include in future issues. I don't want to give anything away, but in the near future, there's going to be some very cool stuff on bashing houses and dressing up die cut furniture....and the tutorials have been so well received that there will be lots more of them in the future!

Oh, and I'm not responsible for what my cat does on the computer when I'm sleeping. <cackle>

Deb

Just read my copy of the Greenleaf Gazette and I laughed so hard I almost cried reading "An Open Letter to Felines" by Napoleon B. Roberts!!! The column was so vivid that I could just picture Napoleon Roberts lecturing all the other kitties!

I'm hoping that Napoleon will be a frequent guest columnist!

Hmmm ... didn't get it. Thought I'd added the address to my email OK list last time ... could someone post it again so I can check? Thanks!

EDIT: I just went to the pinned online copy and found the address. Thanks anyway!

EDIT 2: I just checked, and the address is on my Allowed list. Dunno why I didn't get it, but it's great to have it on line. :flowers:

This month's Gazette is so full of information it's hard to know where to begin! I'm still trying to find a place to do the wainscotting from last month's issue!

Congratulations to Peggi as our 'Member of the Month' and to Simba in the 'Critter Corner'! :flowers:

As always, Deb, you know how to put laughter into one's day . . . great article by Napolean!! :banana:

a great idea to put links to each gazzette in one post!

it was also another fine read!

I did have to have a LOL at the cat...Sasha is still warming up to us...still isnt sure just how far she can push me...but she does love to sneak up behind me while im on the computer and jump to my shoulder....scares me half to death....sometimes she just want to sit there and rub her face all over mine. and other times she climbs right onto the keyboard as if to say

pet me NOW please. she sure is a keeper....not much interest in the minis. which makes me happy.

congrats to Peggi and Simba

thanks for all the hard work it takes to do this for our community!

nutti :flowers:

The only thing wrong with the Gazzette is that we only get one a month. This is a really great read. Congratulations to Peggy and Simba. The fireplace is wonderful, just what I have been looking for. Thanks to those who put this together. No small feat. Loved Napolean's article. His lecture is hilarious.

I just want to say... I am very proud of my article. I know I'm clapping myself on the back here, but I worked really hard on that room setting and was dead dog tired from being sick and taking my test so "Hooray for me!"

Also, my dog Teddy would like to write a letter for dogs in the next issue, because he feels that contrary to feline belief, dogs are much more subtle than cats and suffer more from neglect due to their inability to actually jump up on the table, and are in fact much friendlier to minis than cats are (as my chewed and shredded remnants will testify.) He feels it is time to set the record straight.

P.S. Now that he is out of the room I must say that I laughed very hard at Napoleon's article and it made me miss having a cat.

The only thing wrong with the Gazzette is that we only get one a month.
:blink:

I can honestly say that this is the only newsletter that I receive (even including the one from church) that I actually want to read. ssshhhh!!!

Congratulations Peggi and Simba B) .

Deb the article that Napoleon wrote was great I read it to everyone while we were making dinner last night and we were laughing so hard. Even Sniffer enjoyed it and I think he was taking notes because he used the 'jumping onto the arm of the chair' stunt on me last night, scared the h*** out of me :giggle: .

Dean I'm so glad that you pinned copies of the newsletter so we can get them, just in case. You know if someone deletes the others from the mailbox before you finish reading it :blink: (don't ask).

The Gazzette was WONDERFUL!! I finally had the chance to sit and read it just now and I must say, you ladies Rock!! Deb, I love the creative and funny way you add light to the articles by the words you use. Peggi congratulations on being "MOM" (Member Of The Month)! Christine's how too is Spectacular also!

Yes, Deb... I want to echo that your writing style is very readable and entertaining. I finally had a chance to read all the articles tonight and you really do a wonderful job. Do you write professionally?

Personally I thought the March issue was FABULOUS! Thank you! It is a lovely read! Congratulations to Peggi and that adorable fur-face that munches on dollhouses!

Wolfie