March Gazette

Deb

Do you write professionally?

No, but Napoleon says that he thinks he could have a literary career. <cackle> Napoleon used to have his own email address and frequently corresponded with his kitty friends in other states. He had his own website for awhile too, and even had his own laptop. (it was an old powerbook that we didn't use anymore but he liked to sleep on top of Mac laptops because of the spinning of the hard drive) He hasn't been interested much lately in technology, so I was surprised at him writing the article. I'll have to ask him if he'll drop in again sometime.

I haven't heard as many folks saying that they didn't get the newsletter this month, so I'm hoping that most everyone did. Kathie, and anyone else who didn't get it, would you please send me a pm and tell me who your ISP is. I'm not being nosy, we're just trying to see if there's a specific ISP that might not be letting the newsletter thru. Also, be sure to try Dean's suggestion in the pinned thread about updating your profile. Those instructions are here.

Deb

I am a little disappointed, though, that there was no photo of our guest columnist.

Deb, I meant to say that I really enjoyed the article on filling in gaps. That was very helpful. And I always wondered how people who papered their walls prior to assembly covered the corners of the rooms... now I know!

There's just one question I've been dying to ask since I saw that picture of Simba. If a cat eats a wooden dollhouse, does he need a toothpick afterwards?

Of course not. He just likes to chew on wood or cardboard. He doesn't do it as much now, but when he was younger he would sit in a cardboard box and chew the sides of the box down. Once there were no sides there he would sit on the piece of the cardboard bottom like he was still sitting in the box. (it was very messy because he would leave his pieces of cardboard around the box--he never actually swallowed them.) His favorite cat bed is a lid from a box of copy paper with a few pieces of flannel in it.

The sad part is I got rid of my Pierce before I got back into minis. I thought he was destroying it more than my cousins did and I didn't know where to go to get replacements for the broken porch, etc. And it drove me crazy to see it abused by Simba. I'm ashamed to say I put it by the dumpster, but almost immediately someone took it so I keep hoping it got fixed and has a good home now.

LOved the Gazette, enjoyed the first read and loved the seonc read and am looking forward actaully reading it next time LOL

Congratulations to both our own MOM as well as SImba and Deb I do hope you can convince Napoleon to become a regualr writer!!!

I think the idea of it being inned is a great one as well, thank you!

Hugs

I'm happy to report that I received the March Gazette and ate it up! (No toothpick was required.)

It was all wonderful reading - Napoleon and my cat, Tai, have so much in common, it's scary.

Thanks to all the contributors of an excellent issue - well done! :thumb: