Dh is gonna really kill me now. I aint kidding!

heidiiiii

If you have read about that Kozbro (sears) house that is selling on ebay you know what I am talking about.

I went to do some research and i found someone that was selling one (not on ebay). I sent her out the payment yesterday. She said I should get it sometime next week!

Goodie Goodie Gum Drops!!! Wooohoo!! It is the exact kind of house that is selling on ebay. You can see it in questions everyone else section.

Dh is gonna kill me, kill me, kill me...He is gonna kill me and I dont care! (not really he will just wonder where the heck this house is gonna go!)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have read about that Kozbro (sears) house that is selling on ebay you know what I am talking about.

I went to do some research and i found someone that was selling one (not on ebay). I sent her out the payment yesterday. She said I should get it sometime next week!

Goodie Goodie Gum Drops!!! Wooohoo!! It is the exact kind of house that is selling on ebay. You can see it in questions everyone else section.

Dh is gonna kill me, kill me, kill me...He is gonna kill me and I dont care! (not really he will just wonder where the heck this house is gonna go!)

Heidi, is your new baby the *exact* same as the one for sale on eBay? I'm still wary of the size of it -- whether it's 1:12 or 1:2 scale. I don't want to venture just yet into anything but 1:12, so am reluctant to bid on the eBay one...

So can you straighten out my confusion?? Thanks!

I emailed the seller to ask her if her box lists the dimensions on it. She said she built another one for her grandkids. It is the exact same one. I will post what she says when she replies. Since she has already built one she might be more hip to our mini lingo!

That country estate looks wonderful...I think it'd be worth 'getting killed' for,lol. Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures!

Ps. On ebay, there are questions at the bottom of the description, I think it said it's 1:12 scale house...the seller didn't know the dimensions, there was nothing on the box, i believe she wrote.

That country estate looks wonderful...I think it'd be worth 'getting killed' for,lol. Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures!

Ps. On ebay, there are questions at the bottom of the description, I think it said it's 1:12 scale house...the seller didn't know the dimensions, there was nothing on the box, i believe she wrote.

Yes, I saw those replies. But the thread here suggests that maybe indeed it's a 1:2 scale, and I'm not sure the seller really knows, either...so I'm coming to the experts, here, before I consider it! :p

Okay uppity has me worried.

What is the difference between 1:12 and 1:2? Bigger than I normally do or smaller than I normally do....

Am I gonna need a crane or a shopping cart? ROFL

No reply yet. But I will let you know. Gotta go shovel snow now!

Hehehe, well congratualations HEidi, and if push comes to show you are more than welcome over here until things have "cooled" down , oh ;) IF you should feel the need to re-locate any and all dollshouses when coming over, just remember the secret password is "greenleaf", schhhhhh, dont tell anyone... :p

Hugs

congrats heidi!! hopefully you can beat him to it when it gets delivered! when i get a new dollhouse kit i dont want caleb to know bout i hide it under the bed. then a few months later i'll pull it out and say "o ya i forgot i bought this a LONG time ago" :p all though i have said this quite a bit now so he might be asking to get my memorey checked the next time i say it ;)

Okay I just got back and she emailed me some information.

She didnt have access to the dh that was built cause it is not near her.

She said there were no dimensions listed anywhere on the box. The box is sealed and has never been opened.

She did measure the box though. 25.5"x21.5"x4" and she said it was REALLY HEAVY!

So I will be the proud owner of this dh soon. TeeHee! This one is definitely definitely NOT going to be put together anytime soon. I am up to my armpits in lil tiny squares of fake bricks for the E.Row.

I am giddy! I hope one of you on here wins the other one that is on ebay!

Anna I will take you up on that offer. Do you think there will be enough room in the overheads on the plane to stuff a E.Row, Marquam Hill Mansion, 2 Orchids (white and regular), and a Skilcraft? OMG I am going to have 6 dhs! I know that pales in comparison to some of your collections but that is ALOT to me!

I love old, never before seen, retired kits! And I was able to go grocery shopping...No one will starve in this house for my art.. :p

Okay Wendy if you say so...

I am going to have to do a marathon rush job on the E. Row then. Anybody have access to some really tiny bricklayers? I will pay union wages..

Heidi-

It looks wonderful! And it comes with wallpaper, shingles, and lots of furniture. It looks like such a deal! I'll bet you got even a better deal on yours. I'm eyeing the one on ebay- I really would love to have it. But as I put in another post, DH isn't quite ready for several kits laying around. He's still under the somewhat misguided impression that I am remodeling my childhood dollhouse, building the SF and then done. I've been mentioning that so many of my friends on the forum have built all kinds of houses and have many kits to work on and so on. . . Hoping to plant the seeds, you see. My MIL chimed in that I could build them and sell them. Well, sure, I COULD, but when you put so much into one you hate to see it leave. . .

My plan is to turn my useless living room into a mini showcase room eventually. Formal dining rooms are a waste of space for my lifestyle. It would much better be used for my minis. :p

Ratios are expressed using the colon(:), so 1:2 means 1"=2", or half-scale.

The "usual" dollhouse scale many of us use is 1:12, or 1"=12" (1"=1'); when some folks use the terms "half-scale", "1/2 scale", or 1/2" scale, they might be referring to 1:24, or 1/2"=12"/ 1"=24"/ 1"=2'. It does make a difference to what we can mentally visualize if we're a tad more careful about expressing scale.

woo hoo!!!! i'm glad for you!

and hey, what's a familial little hunger now and then? if those kids get really hungry they can go and sell their textbooks, like everybody else.