Dh is gonna really kill me now. I aint kidding!

heidiiiii

It comes with furnishings and I think she said the box said curtains too.

I am not going to feel guilty about this. I thought about it last night. I dont drink or do drugs (unless prescribed..haha), I am not a clothes horse or a shoe shopper (i am addicted to handbags but that is another issue!), I clean, cook, pay the bills, chauffer the kids, nurse them back to health, listen to their rantings, sew buttons, ripped seams and until recently halloween costumes, I make sure when I answer their questions it is the right answer, help with homework (and paperwork, Dh),I try to make them all happy if I can...

So I deserve a lil goody, even a $100 goody!

I am HOPING because of the size and weight of the box that this is the dimension dh that I am used to. But if it is not, Heidi will be moving into a new adventure.

I saw the ebay listing this morning and the price is going up.. So I am glad I snatched up the one this lady had.

I am going to have to set up a table in my bedroom for this one. I have no more room downstairs right now...LOL

Oh yeah.. I am only going to build ONE dh. Just one! and I will be satisfied. I am thinking that I am going to take down the HUD house soon, finish it and maybe 1. Sell it, 2. Give it to a deserving lil girl, or 3. Donate it.

I havent decided yet. That will make more room.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guilt, schmilt. Heckfire, YES, you deserve goodies!

i'm really glad you nabbed the kit, regardless of what scale it may be.

it's a great investment in a very cool project, so it is practical. and you're going to be having creative, happy time for yourself.

and your girls will learn from you that moms are people who take care of themselves AND take care of their families.

so THERE!

ps: is the seller lady from Alabama? If so, she seems like "one of ours," nice!

Cj, yes she owns a tack shop type store in Alabama. Very nice woman. It was the only dh in her catalog so I am thinking she just added it to sell it.

She was telling me how ppl had wanted her to open up the box and copy the instructions to sell and she wouldnt do it. She kept the box closed.

She says when she mails it out she will let me know. Goody!!

The other one on ebay has only 1 more day to go...Anybody?

It would be nice to have another dh buddy on this one like Jen and I are doing with the E.Row. We can scream together when we cant figure out how to put something the way it is supposed to go.

I was a smart cookie!

Here is the Kozbro house link on ebay.

It has already surpassed the price I paid for it. The woman I am buying it from told me the same thing the ebay seller did. There are absolutely no dimensions on the package. That seems kind of strange that a company wouldnt place these things for consumers to judge if they want to tackle it.

When I get it, how will I be able to tell what dimension it is? Meaning 1" or 1/2 "

As for the scale, look how big the openings for the doors are and compare with any other house you have, I am not godd at those fractions LOL so I can't say really....

Please share loooooots of pics while building this one, OK?!? :)

Hugs

Oh definitely. Why do you think I am going semi-hyper speed on the exterior of the E. Row?

Cause I dont want to feel guilty when I pet this new one so much that it jumps out of the box and onto the table.

heidiiii,

whooooo -eeeeeeeeee! your house investment is getting better by the bid! the eBay auction prices are zooming, so it looks as though you got a superduper deal. :)

others here know loads more than i know about most things in life, but this is my novice's way of figuring scale: i look at the room dimensions and the floor-to-ceiling height. if the ceiling is 8" to 10" and the average room is at least 7" x 7", the scale probably is 1:1, from what i've seen.

It would be nice to have another dh buddy on this one like Jen and I are doing with the E.Row. We can scream together when we cant figure out how to put something the way it is supposed to go.

yes heidi its been so much fun having a buddy on the E.R. project :lol: we've been keeping eachother on our toes! LOL!!

I've been watching this house on eBay. Couldn't believe my eyes this morning! Heidi, you sure did get a great bargain! Can't wait for you to have it in hand so you can describe it better for us!

I decided awhile ago to pass on it. I really am holding out for an Emerson Row. I keep admiring all these other dollhouses.....and have maybe 10 or so on "watch" right now...but when I get ready to bid (in the last few minutes)...I stop. The ER really has my heart. I'm saving my $$ for that. But there have been some really nice little houses available lately. Just not the one I WANT! :lol:

I decided awhile ago to pass on it. I really am holding out for an Emerson Row. I keep admiring all these other dollhouses.....and have maybe 10 or so on "watch" right now...but when I get ready to bid (in the last few minutes)...I stop. The ER really has my heart. I'm saving my $$ for that. But there have been some really nice little houses available lately. Just not the one I WANT! :lol:

Hear, hear, I am with you a 100 % on that :music_band: But then again I do know that if I should stumble upon a great deal, there goes my good intentions out the window ....

Hugs

I am not dead, or maimed, or tied to the radiator with a chain around my waist!

I showed him that it sold for $270 and the shipping was around $30 and he said I did good.

I know he isnt gonna kill me. It is that I had just bought the Emerson Row in January. I kinda thought he might be like What? Another one? That one isnt even near finished?? But he didnt. I told him yesterday about going to Mass. to meet Carrie for the show in March. He said have fun! LOL

I never bid or buy anything unless I know I can afford it and it comes out of my pocket.

Holly, my hair has thinned over the years....maybe a few jolts of juice will bring the bouncin and behavin back.