Forum Upgrade Complete!

Mini Man

Thanks to our friends Dragonfly and Logan, we have a new look and new features! There are still a few settings that need to be tweaked and there is a process that is running that might slow down the forum a bit, but we're back business!

To insure that you wouldn't have any issues, please empty your Internet cache. This is a one time request.

Here is a list of some of the new features to enjoy:

Personal Profile Portal

Invision Power Board 2.2.0 has a totally redesigned portal page with the following features:

Friends list - manage your friends for easier PMing, to see if your friends are currently online and display your friends on your profile

Profile comments - allow visitors to leave comments on your profile. You can set to moderate all new comments before they're shown.

Recent visitors - recent visitors are shown on your profile.

Your content - show your recent posts / blog entries / gallery uploads on your profile

Personal statement - add a short bio for others to read

Member rating - rate other members

Set your gender

Easy access to edit your location, age and IM details

New Text Editor

New Style

The text editors, both standard and rich text (WYSIWYG) have been completely rewritten to make them more intuitive and faster to load. Clutter has been reduced with the new dynamic menus.

Switch

You can now switch between the rich text editor and the standard editor without the need to reload the page or visit your User Control Panel.

New Attachment System

Upload without the reload

There is a new attachment system that enables one to upload attachments without having to reload the post screen. The new attachment area is directly below the text editor.

New Style

The attachment system has had a complete overhaul and is now styled along side the new text editor

New Thumbnail Design

Attached image thumbnail previews now have information above and below the thumbnail offering original file size and original dimensions.

In addition, there are quite a few bug fixes over the previous version that will become evident once we are 100% finished.

I thank you all for your patience!

Enjoy!

Dean

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "view new posts" is still there -- look at the very first line across the top of the screen -- you'll see "logged in as XX"...and then about 4 down the line, will be "view new posts". It's a great feature, and I'm glad still here!

WOWIE DEAN!!! so many new features i dont know what to try first! well i must say my last few hours of work today were very lonely without all of you :D glad we made it to "the other side: :welcome:

It's very pretty, you all did a wonderful job here. I noticed quite a few pictures in the blogs are not there, is that temporary?

Yes, that is being worked on.

And they are there, just not in the spot they should be. Instead at the bottom of the entry, but where you see the bit of attachment code is where they should be.

It's a bug in the blog, soon to be fixed we hope.

Keep in mind this is only for old blog entries, new ones the attachments will show up properly.

Yes Wendy, we are working on that and some other issues. I may take some time though. All the pictures should be there, but they are probably at the bottom of the entry rather than where you put them.

To insure that you wouldn't have any issues, please empty your Internet cache. This is a one time request.

Dean, is this something you need us all to do, or is this only to be done if there are problems? I'm not experiencing any trouble. (Sorry, I just need you to clarify this for me. You know I will do whatever needs doing.) :)

Dean, is this something you need us all to do, or is this only to be done if there are problems? I'm not experiencing any trouble. (Sorry, I just need you to clarify this for me. You know I will do whatever needs doing.) :)

I wouldn't bother if you aren't having any trouble Jacks. I dump my cache on a regular basis with a program called CCleaner... it's a great little free utility.

I posted in another thread, but maybe it should be here. The new skin is nice, but is there a way to get back to the soothing green skin? My eyes are sensitive to light, and the pink is so bright it's making me blink like crazy.