Tennyson

Shakyshaky

Just wanted to let you guys know I have the final pics of my Tennyson in the gallery. I ordered some lights and they were out of stock so I made my own. ( The hanging lights in the kitchen and dinning room. ) They were so easy and cheap! They are those bubbles you get from vending machines. $.50 for two lights. My daughter even got a bracelet. I was lucky and got a red one the first time.

Melanie, this is a great house and all the little touches and things you've made for it really add to its beauty. From the toys in the toy box to the hanging lights--you did GOOD :blink:

Looks great, awesome idea for the use of those plastic eggs you get out of the machines. I may have to steal that idea. :flowers:

BTW, my favorite name for an orphanage (if you're looking for names) is Saint Clouds.

Thank you!

Bec I got the idea from a bunch of odd dolls I had. I like to buy lots and have ended up with odd children. I don't like to have have poeple made out of different things in the same setting. I think it just doesn't look right. So I thought an orphanage would be the perfect place to put all my homeless kids. I chose 1935 because I like to have a date when I build a house and I have a 1900 and 1915. I wanted it be true to the 30's but not depressing. I was thinking of doing a 50's house, but I haven't decided on that yet.

Doogster I like that name too. I think I will use it. I just need to make up a little sign now.

hey Melanie, since you are now the pro of the tennyson, mind if i ask a question? what do you think about me bashing a primarose to the side of the house? think its do able? As soon as my kit comes in the mail I plan to start buildign! i have to have this kit done by september for my moms birthday!

I don't know about pro but you should not have a problem. You want to add it to the blank wall right, not the porch side? Do you have the Tennyson with the foundation or the one that sits on the ground? The Primrose has a foundation ( meaning the floor is lifted off the table ) so if you have a Tennyson that sits on the ground, like mine, you will have a step up to the Primrose. You may also have to adjust one so the Primrose will fit next to the wall and also doorways. Not a big deal though.

I have to say the directions in mine made my head hurt. I just looked at the pic one box and went from there. If you need close up pics let me know.

I don't know about pro but you should not have a problem. You want to add it to the blank wall right, not the porch side? Do you have the Tennyson with the foundation or the one that sits on the ground? The Primrose has a foundation ( meaning the floor is lifted off the table ) so if you have a Tennyson that sits on the ground, like mine, you will have a step up to the Primrose. You may also have to adjust one so the Primrose will fit next to the wall and also doorways. Not a big deal though.

I have to say the directions in mine made my head hurt. I just looked at the pic one box and went from there. If you need close up pics let me know.

Thank you so much i really appericate it. you know i have no idea which one i have. i had no idea that there was one that had a raised floor and one that didnt. so that is totally new to me. the kit was shipped to me on the 19th so i should be getting it soon. i'll let you know which one it is when i get it. yes i plan on putting the primarose on the blank side.

thank you again for all your tips i will def. let you know if i need close up pics :flowers: