Rescue me....

SusannaT

Is there anything more mind-numbing than sanding and painting window trim???

...cause I can't think of anything... :lol:

I've been procrastinating doing it by painting the bathroom set white...adding taps...wallpapering... finding clamps (found one that's no doubt 50 yrs old, but it'll have to do, so I can get the roof glued on)...

Wish me luck, I'll have to start on the trim tonight...sigh...

I know what you mean, but I always use that time as thinking time. I plan layouts, colour schemes, room details etc. As long as I'm thinking about anything but how many more little bits I've got to paint, I'm happy :lol:

Good luck with them .. daydream them away.

Jackie

I guess I'm wierd, I look on sanding & painting trim and shingling as a way to set up a semi-mindless assembly line and work away while my mind wanders into "how would this look?" and "wonder if that'd work?" by-ways.

Is there anything more mind-numbing than sanding and painting window trim???

I absolutely HATE this part of any project. But I look on it as a necessary evil, especially once it's done, on the house and looking pretty!

Brian does my shingling for me . . . bless him . . . otherwise I'd chuck the whole thing in the garbage and call it a day!

i cant stand shingling and sanding! but like teresa said, they really do pay off :lol: and make the house that much more special!

Yes, indeed ... as my slogan says: If it doesn't move, sand it! :lol:

Yep and while sanding I always wonder if it is smooth enough and about the time that I think that's it I going to the next piece, DH walks by and says "You sanded that yet? or Needs a little more", so I sand some more. Got carried away one time trying to impress him and darn near sanded it away. :D

"Is there anything more mind-numbing than sanding and painting window trim?" Yes. Shingling. I HATE shingling. :D

Yep shingling is a real bummer but makes any house look so nice and finished :roflmao:

"Is there anything more mind-numbing than sanding and painting window trim?" Yes. Shingling. I HATE shingling. :D

Ditto for me. I find shingling the worst because I'm always anxious to finish since it is basically the last thing to do.

Sanding doesn't bother me so much. I know that when I'm done I get to paint, which I love. Shingling, on the other hand, is mind numbing. My first house took 4 months to build and complete, and another 6 weeks to shingle. :D

the trim work can be tedious!

but than that is one of those things that makes a house something special!

I am very into the brikabrac that comes with some of our dollhouses.

but UUUUUGGGG it can be mind numbing!

nutti :roflmao:

can you tell that is what I am working on also at the moment..... :D

Oh well I kind of like the sanding bit, as well as the shingling sorry 'bout that :music_band: but that is something that sorts of get me in the "zone" and I just loooove the feeling of a smooth wooden endge. Can't help it but it is a great feeling, I have been enjoying a mini freenzy today and have a house shell together eventhough the snading took some time, I did however decide to cut out the stairs and put a mock-up elevator in this building. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

Susanna, have you checked out the Coco & Co site by the way http://www.coco.cc/ as for the shingling part one can find these ready made tiles for the roof :groupwave: hehe....

Hugs and looking forward seeing your house/work!