HBS 26% off sale extended

KathieB

Woohooo! I've already got my order in! It's the perfect time for getting some of the architectural details I need for the Willowcrest (think orante details and corinthian columns) I also got the houseboat kit! <happy dancing> I'm looking forward to doing that one!

What's everyone else getting?

Deb

ooo yes i couldnt resist i ordered a few things for myself! :Jumpy: I got...

2 of the Crystal Opryland Knob w/Plate & Key by Houseworks

1 of the Mail Slots

1 Brass House Numbers

and 1 Cook Stove CHRYSNBON® Kits!!

all for my willowcrest :o I'm so excitied I cant wait to get my order :birthday:

Just got an email from Ernie extending Thursday's 26%-off sale until noon tomorrow for internet orders.

Media code = WPC2633

Wow! Somehow I didn't get an email on this! I do have a card for a 25% off until January 15, though...

Thanks for posting it!

Oh, I went crazy but with the % off coupon and a gift certificate I got the 44 pc Corona Concepts furniture kit, Ruetters Victorian rose bidet, towel stand, and commode, and the wire tape, transformer and lead in wire to wire the Beaumont when I get to it. :Jumpy: :o

1 Cook Stove CHRYSNBON® Kits!!

Jenny, that one looks SO good with a little "aging"! I got the grey cookware set & painted some of the pieces to look like worn bluestone enamelware & some like worn white enamelware, and some like well-seasoned aluminum/ steel and it all went into my pub.

That's a really beautiful railing. But I don't quite follow the other suggested uses: "Can also be used as corbel brackets or accents for crown moulding." Are they talking about dismantling it? But I don't see any segment that looks corbel-bracket-shaped. And as an accent for crown moulding? Don't see that, either.

Maybe my imagination is flu-depleted.

That's a really beautiful railing. But I don't quite follow the other suggested uses: "Can also be used as corbel brackets or accents for crown moulding." Are they talking about dismantling it? But I don't see any segment that looks corbel-bracket-shaped. And as an accent for crown moulding? Don't see that, either.

Maybe my imagination is flu-depleted.

Yah, i couldn't figure that one out either :)

Just finished placing my order - got all sorts of goodies to get going on the dollhouse shell I'm starting on.

I got the starter wiring kit (got lots of neat lights for Christmas so now I have to teach myself to wire a house), the Jamestown front door, windows and interior doors for the house shell.

well I had to get in on this also....

I dont get to often! but I had fun shopping for myself and My daughter who has no idea :)

so the MHM gets

kitchen flooring

the clear garden tub

fancy crystal knobs...double doors had to have 2 sets for front door.

24 light window for the kitchen

and maybe the canopy bed kit but I doubt it

and also for myself 19 peice furniture kit

and white wire dressing table with chair.

not many goodies but it will make a big impact on her house...coz we all know I dont have a anytime dollhouse. gotta build me one someday. so my lil pretties hide away in the cupboard. :p

nutti :)

maybe the canopy bed kit but I doubt it

I definitely liked the Shenandoah version better than the HoM, built them both before I had a gluing jig and wish now I had known; the pony clamp just isn't the same!

Jenny, that one looks SO good with a little "aging"! I got the grey cookware set & painted some of the pieces to look like worn bluestone enamelware & some like worn white enamelware, and some like well-seasoned aluminum/ steel and it all went into my pub.

ooo good i was actually going to post a thread asking if anyone as built this kit. is it easy to build? any tips? ooo aging.. that woul look neat. what did you use to age it?

is it easy to build?
I've built polystyrene model kits, so as this type of kit goes, Chrysnbon's da bomb!

any tips?

Have you built any polystyrene kits? If not, the first thing to remember is that the glue you use is a solvent, it chemically "melts" the plastic so it fuses together (practice on the scrap sprues/ "trees"), so you will want to use a pointed toothpick or a pin to apply the glue, carefully hold the pieces together for at least ten to fifteen seconds to get a good bond. I use Testor's in the red & white tube.

American Miniaturist ran an article their first year on how someone aged this kit. Basically I diluted raw siena acrylic paint to the consistency of a translucent wash and brushed it on until it began to look like a patina of rust. Then I followed with a wash of very dilute white, to give it an "old cast iron" look. Finally I gave the base a wash of siena and then black, and dripped drops of black wash to look like old spills.

For the cookware after I got all the pieces together I sprayed them with matte grey primer, which gives polystyrene the "tooth" to hold the acrylic paint. Then I had a ball! An old toothbrush makes a great tool for making spatterware, BTW.

Did I mention I sove mini-ing because I can make the kinds of messes I enjoyed making when I was a little girl?

Once again, I have found myself to be a sucker for a sale. First it was Hobby Lobby and I about bought out the whole department. (you can never have enough moulding set aside, especially at 50% off) Then I have been going to hbs and making a wish list. So, my wish list is a lot smaller now.....