brrr - still no power

woodinville guy

Well, I was hoping to finish the dollhouse for my daughter by Xmas but we are still out of power since last thursday. The latest from the power company is that we will be without power until at least friday...

If you look at kirotv.com and see the front page story about Woodinville, you'll see what is going on. No power and temps in the 20's suck. Thank god for wood stoves.

-Dave

Glad to hear you have a woodstove to keep you warm!

We were without power at our house in Poulsbo from Thursday afternoon until Saturday night. We were without water untill late last night (well company's power was still out till then). My livingroom looked like an oasis of gallon water jugs! :banana: We have a woodstove too and boy did it sure save us from freezing - came in handy for heating water for coffee in the a.m. too!

I am sorry to hear about the power problems down there. I feel guilty sitting up here in Bellingham nice and warm. It's awful for you guys! You're welcome to work on the house up here if you'd like, I wouldn't mind. I'd like for you to be able to finish the house in time for Christmas. Stay warm and I hope you get your power on SOON!!

Take care,

Sarah

Oh David, I'd be going insane without the power! Hope they're wrong about when it'll be back on and I'm so glad you have an alternate heat source. Keep my fingers crossed that you can get to work on the house soon --bummer to happen right before Christmas.

We used to loose our power 2 or 3 times a year here for several days at a time, so we bought a generator. I however was the one that got to sit up day and night and keep it gassed and trade the power cords from the fridge to the freezer to the neighbors fridge and we have a furnace in the garage that is not hard wired that I could plug in to the generator. So I finally said I wanted a whole house generator. I love that thing. Best vacation money I ever gave up.

Well we saw power folks today....It looks like it could be until Saturday for the ETA of power. :-(

-Dave

I guess seeing them in the neighborhood is a good sign. I hope that they get you back on soon. It's possible to live like pioneers, but it sure isn't comfortable.

We're battening down the hatches here for a forecast foot of snow tomorrow. We usually don't have problems with power outages unless we get that much snow in early fall or late spring, but I've got plenty of firewood just in case.

Deb

So sorry you still dont have power yet. That stinks but at least you have stove and you can power up the laptop!

Has anyone ever read those stories of ppl who live "off the grid"? If I had the money I think that would be something interesting. Solar panels!

Sorry to hear you are still out. We were with out power for almost ten days after a terrible ice storm several years ago and we invested in a whole house generator. Best investment we ever made. Hope they crank up the power for you soon.