finished some more miniature paintings

grazhina

I finally got around to finishing two more pictures. These are watercolors on basswood panels.

The watercolors have been sprayed with a protective coating, so they should bear up as well as acrylics.

You can see the two new paintings on the front page of my website.

http://grazhe.googlepages.com/home

They're called Tree on a Hillside and In the Woods.

They actually have names because I sort of copied them from fullsize paintings I've done before.

I've got a couple of paintings done on paper too, that are good enough to show, but I want to put them behind "glass" when I frame them, paintings done on paper need protection. I'll post pictures of them when I'm satisfied with the way the framing comes out.

Thanks, all.

Glen, thepaintings I did in the Baron's Study were what inspired me to try my hand at some more mini paintings.

Is there much of a market for this sort of thing? I've been thinking that mini paintings would sure be a nice way to earn money for mini furniture.

Speaking of mini furniture, AC Moore has been offering DH furn on sale the last couple of weeks, plus a 40% coupn off on regular priced goods. (meaning reg price mini furniture) Since I have to go hunting for gifts every week anyway.....

what wonderful, lovely work! thank you for sharing it!

i'd surely be interested, and i imagine lots of people would be interested if you were to make the paintings -- or even prints -- available.

beautiful!