White Orchid

kellee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a story to tell. Or as the baby polar bear lisped when he sat on a block of ice, "My tail is told". <cackle> I didn't think about taking pictures for a blog while I was building it, but I think I can come up with enough to document the finishing process if it would be helpful.

Deb

(does it have to be short and sweet?)

Dean can tell you mine aren't!lol

Jet, if you're going to make it a schwartzhaus, why not just get the wood kit & be done with it?! I can't bear the thought of marring that pretty house with paint!

I have a story to tell in the future.

At this time the White orchid is going to sit in its box in a nice warm place. I am currently working on finishing up some of my ongoing projects, and the Orchid is talking to Darrell and I, telling each of us something different, so it will sit untill it can tell both of us the same thing.

Melissa

Jet, if you're going to make it a schwartzhaus, why not just get the wood kit & be done with it?! I can't bear the thought of marring that pretty house with paint!

Au contraire ... I see the creamy smooth white surface as a blank canvas, waiting for adornment. Shiny black, like patent leather ... I can see it!

Interesting how each of us relates so differently to various houses, yet our finished products are a delight for all. I love it! :lol:

Au contraire ... I see the creamy smooth white surface as a blank canvas, waiting for adornment. Shiny black, like patent leather

Ah, well, there's that... I'm getting very excited about all the different things the kit is telling us to do to it. BTW, do share the techie details about which type of paint gives you that glossy black the best.

. . . please post here stating "I have a story to tell!" without the quotes.

Is that a test? Because I'm really bad at tests!! :lol: :lol:

I have a story to tell! Once upon a time there lived . . .

and the Orchid is talking to Darrell and I, telling each of us something different, so it will sit untill it can tell both of us the same thing.

Melissa

<giggling> You've used that same approach with your kids, haven't you?

Deb

where can one purchase a white orchid? i searched on ebay and was not succesful :wub: i know they are very rare, but i see this house as an angels home :whistle: i would love to create something like that

I'll talk this over with Tracy on Monday and see if we can arrange something. If you have a White Orchid and this is something that you're interested in, please post here stating "I have a story to tell!" without the quotes.

I would like to tell a story, but perhaps it's better I'll wait untill the house as arrived.

i see this house as an angels home :whistle: i would love to create something like that

I would love to see that. Our houses will be totally different.

where can one purchase a white orchid? i searched on ebay and was not succesful :wub: i know they are very rare, but i see this house as an angels home :whistle: i would love to create something like that

I have an inspiration for this house also, where can you buy one?

If you are talking about the white orchid from the October contests you can't buy them anywhere unless one of the people who won one is willing to sell it. They were a trial run to test a new prodect and from my understanding will never be sold that way because the product did not work out as well as hoped.

You can always buy a wood orchid and paint it white, but it's not quite the same I know.