White Orchid

kellee

Hello,

I was wondering if the winners of the White Orchid could do a community project with the house ? I am very interested to see what everyone does with the White Orchid House.!

Thank You,

Kelly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved one as a suprise gift as well. I am interested in seeing what people do with it. Darrell has claimed it as his own and is mumbling something about putting siding on it. I just took the box and put it somewhere untill I see what some people have done with it and which glue they ised ect..

I have been checking the gallery and threads on this house.

Melissa

Wow, that's cool. I can't wait to see what everyone else is going to do with theirs. I like the quick grip glue. It's a little messy, but I just worked slow and cleaned up as I went along. I bought lights for it yesterday (wasn't gonna, but changed my mind) I have the routing all figured out. I did not put on siding, but I am going to shingle. My pics are in the Halloween 2006 gallery. Maybe Dean could add a white orchid heading so they would be different from the haunted house ones. I finally decided on a landscape theme and have new furniture. The feather tree will be done tonight.

I bought lights for it yesterday (wasn't gonna, but changed my mind) I have the routing all figured out.

How are you going to wire it, Deana? Tape or round? And does that mean you'll be wallpapering?

Feather tree ... sounds kewl!

I am collecting things for my White Orchid. Don't expect anything really creative, it's going to be a (yawn) Christmas theme house. If anyone does wallpaper, please let me know which pastes work well. Like some others, I will shingle but not do siding. Hubby wants to paint the exterior with an airbrush--fine by me. I am still deciding about lights.

White wire. The power strip fits up in the roof peak. ceiling lights for kitchen and living room will have their wires go across the floor of the bedroom and bathroom and out the roof. They will run up the outside to the peak and then back in. The shingles will cover the wire.

I am putting in hardwood floors, white carpet and light blue tile. the power cord for the power strip will run down the inside roofline (stairside) I will drill holes in the 2 floors and it will come out from under the house. I cut strips of plastic to trim out the edges of the floors so you won't see the wire running down the inside of the wall. And the wire is white too.

Mine began telling me what it wants as soon as I opened the box to see what was in it. I'm scrabbling to finish the wooden Orchid's store fixtures so I can go to the hardware store for the solvent glue to assemble it. If anyone has adhesives that work for wallpaper, etc, let everyone know, it sounds like a lot of REALLY different ideas buzzing here!

I have decided on a Santa's Toy Shop for Mine. I have no idea when I will get a chance to start it though. Maybe by NEXT christmas? ;)

Well, then you will have "Plenty" of time to dream about it and arrange the things in your mind's eye :D

Looking forward fllowing what you do with yours though! Please share pics...

Hugs

• 2 weeks later...

well, I have decided what I want to do with the White Orchid.... but I have no idea how to go about it.!

I want to somehow do a Rainbow Bridge idea .... I have been thinking of this one for a long time but just cant figure out how.

Any Ideas ?

Hugs

Kelly

Wow, Melanie,, I guess I have been so upset over losing my little furbaby yesterday that I could not think of anything.... and before nothing ever really made sense.... I can now picture little pet beds with little puffs of batting for clouds... I love the Rainbow path.. and wil somehow have to have a Rainbow bridge.

I will be back for more ideas.!

Kelly

I would like to join the White Orchid group build, but mine hasn't arrived yet.

But I'm already collecting things for my Orchid. And mine is not going to be white.

I really hope it arrives before or around Christmas because than I have a few days off.

And because it is supposed to bring bad luck if you change the name of the house, I'm changing it. :(

Mine is going to be named : The black cat (De zwarte kat). Guess what the colour of my house is going to be. :jumping:

Just cann't wait to start building the house!!

I'll talk this over with Tracy on Monday and see if we can arrange something. If you have a White Orchid and this is something that you're interested in, please post here stating "I have a story to tell!" without the quotes.

Thanks!

Dean