White Orchid

kellee

If you are interested in participating in the White Orchid Blog, please use THIS LINK to send me a PM. I will not be reading these, they are only to setup the blog. Please only send one PM.

To participate, all you need is the house and a story to tell about it!

Thanks!

Dean

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm on the Building Team I'll tell my story in a Gallery album so more of the members who have this lovely house can tell thier story in the blog.

I can do the same.

be sure to check out Andrew's posts on the techie stuff, I got some of the solvent-type adhesive stuff to use on it, so I'll be building it mostly on the back porch.

Why?

I use methylene chloride all the time indoors. Unless you don't like the smell. The fumes are less toxic that CA (superglue) by a long margin. What do you think professional pattern makers use?

Edited by Mini Man

Don't y'all drop out of a group blog, Wendy & Peggi; I was'nt being all that altruistic:

we might want to limit the numbers of entries each member can make.

I'm just so terribly long-winded & tend to spend a lot of blog space & entries with how-tos (& how-NOT-tos)!

Maybe instead of a community blog, there could be a pinned post that has clickable links to the various individual albums or blogs?

I think the idea for the blog was so we could see and compare the original White Orchids, but now that there are so many of us doing them, I can see how a blog would get unmanagable in a hurry.

I, for one, would like to be able to go to one place as a jumping off for looking at everyone's effort. It doesn't have to be a community blog.

Just a thought ...

I was thinking the same thing Kathie. Maybe a better approach would be a special gallery. Then everyone could just make an album in that directory. It would be more visual which might might be better to showcase every one's work.

I was thinking the same thing Kathie. Maybe a better approach would be a special gallery. Then everyone could just make an album in that directory. It would be more visual which might might be better to showcase every one's work.

I like that idea ... each entry would have a single photo showing, and to see more, just click in. I knew you'd work it out, Dean. <grinning big>

I like that idea ... each entry would have a single photo showing, and to see more, just click in. I knew you'd work it out, Dean. <grinning big>

Ditto!! i cant wait :giggle:

Sorry for the delay everyone! I've created a new category of our Gallery called "Community Built Houses" and in that category there is an area for the White Orchid. Everyone should be able to create an album in this area. How you decide to approach your album is up to you, but please stayed focus on this particular house.

I look forward to seeing what everyone does with this house. Hopefully, this format will prove to be interesting to our members which might lead to other projects down the road.

Let's keep using this topic for discussion/questions on this project!

Thanks!

Dean

Dean I am loving that new animated picture you have on your signature now! that is adorable!!

I cant wait to open my white orchid on xmas so I can start building away and posting pics! thanks again dean!