Micro Beacon Hill

MiniMadWoman

I went to search on the internet for inspiration for my micro Beacon Hill and look what I found!! Susanne, I didn't know you had a micro Beacon Hill . . . thanks for posting pictures! They're going to come in very handy! :loveletter: Also, I'm glad you had the picture of the micro BH sitting on the balcony of the big BH because I didn't realize just how small this house was! :o Daunting . . . very daunting!! :lol:

You can view Susanne's 144th scale Beacon Hill here http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/...079576658cGJjww

Susanne, I also like your Halloween diorama! Very cute! You're getting my creative juices flowing! :yikes:

Tracy, too funny, I just came from there! I didn't realize I was missing out on a whole other world!! I see that Nutti has a micro Beacon Hill too (among many others).

All the micro houses there are so well done . . . it's going to be interesting to work in this scale!

Teresa I am really going to need your pictures and support in building my new Beacon Hill. I can only wish it could be even close to as nice as yours :loveletter:

Teresa I am really going to nead your pictures and support in building my new Beacon Hill. I can only wish it could be even close to as nice as yours

You got it Irene! You're gonna love this house! There's a few of us here with Beacon Hill's, so you'll get lots of support and help! Enjoy your new house and I'm sure it will turn out just superb! :loveletter:

Wow that's tiny but the details inside are awesome! I think I'd definitely paper the walls and varnish the floors before putting this one together. :loveletter:

Some day I want to get the 1:144 Garfield to put inside my Garfield. But I'm getting waayyyy ahead of myself.

Rebecca

Teresa I think your going to really enjoy putting the mini bh together. It's not as hard as it looks, just do everything (painting, papering, whatever) before you put it together. For my birthday this year DH got me the 144th garfield, I loved it, once I got over the size :loveletter: . If you want to see it it's in my gallery sitting on the dining room table of my big garfield. (I just had to make it look the same :o )

Annette, both your Garfield's are awesome! It's amazing how much detail is in that 'tiny' little house!!

I'm definitely going to wallpaper, paint and stain BEFORE I put my micro BH together . . . probably save myself a lot of grief!! :thumb:

Annette, both your Garfield's are awesome! It's amazing how much detail is in that 'tiny' little house!!

Thanks Teresa :thumb:. I couldn't believe the details in the 144th either, the details in the BH has got to be great too.

I'm definitely going to wallpaper, paint and stain BEFORE I put my micro BH together . . . probably save myself a lot of grief!! :D

You most definitely will save yourself alot of aggravation (to put it nicely :Jumpy: :yes: ).

• 1 month later...

I dont find the Micro any more difficult but it does have its own issues

like having to use tweezers to put stuff together and using toothpicks to apply glue and painting wile the sheets are all in one peice. also decorating and sometimes furnishings this small scale has to be done before the walls go up.

I think everyone should try something in each scale for challenge and to see it that scale is for them.

Happy Building!

nutti :whistle: :bounce8:

I have a 144th Victorian that is still in the package. I would love to try this scale, but am so afraid of warpage...and at the cost of the kit, i hate to take the chance. One of the members on this site suggested that i buy a less expensive kit and try that out first. Great idea actually, i just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I'm intrigued by little teenie weenie houses!

Well, after two FULL days, I finished this little beauty! What a lot of work but it's well worth it. Thank goodness for a good pair of tweezers! :whistle:

Here's a couple of pictures.

post-267-1167104767_thumb.jpg post-267-1167104783_thumb.jpg