1:48-scale dollhouse almost done

cloudbound

Thank you Patti.  I was amazed at how easily the little tea light could be taken apart.  I was able to just lift the light off the little pier it sat on and cut that down, then removed the tall plastic 'flame' to also lower the whole set-up.  Then I just reset that light in place and that was SO easy.  Now I have the little on/off switch under the bowl (which is a little disposable ketchup bowl from Carl's Jr).  I cut a hole in the bottom of the cleaned ketchup container and then heated it in the oven (at 300 degrees) on some aluminum foil till it began to get soft, so I gently pushed down on it to create sort of a 'lip' that I could glue the tea light set-up into, leaving the bottom of the tea light thing within reach to turn off and on.  

• Like 1

Well I am being given all sorts of brilliant ideas from ... Havanaholly!  I'm working on the upper-floor exterior railings today and a cover for some seating up top.  Holly just mentioned plants in planters and that's another super idea.  I'll have to build some.  She's keeping me busy! :eek:  Keep 'em coming Holly!

Holly - earlier this evening I was thinking of what trouble I'd be in if you lived next door to me because I love all of your ideas!  Sometimes it takes someone looking from the 'outside' to see details that you don't think of.  Like the landscaping.  I can't wait to get to that.  I'm not worrying about the itsy bitsy things like dishes on a table or slippers on the floor.  Maybe those things will come later.  

Actually I was thinking redwood too.  I have a bunch of faux 'redwood' on the bottom floor exterior walls so I think having up top too would be fun.  It'll take a bit of experimentation but it ought to be doable.  

Ha ha - I didn't pull the seating and planters out of my hat - Holly sent me a photo that I tried to duplicate.  "Whiskers" - that's so funny and appropriate.  I did give the entire thing a quick sanding after the photos was taken, painted on a dilute solution of rusty/brown paint and then added some train modelers 'clumping material' and flower soft for bits of color.59ee5bfcd952a_DSCF0001(4).thumb.JPG.ddd2

• Like 1